B12 Chemtool - Discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.
so says autozone, what gives? anyone know for sure if it is really discontinued? grabbing two 15 oz cans at wally world now in case

NO! NO! NO! i guess i know what i am going to go and get tomorrow. b12 rules for cleaning nasty old car parts for ebay sales.

Actually, it MAY have been temporarily discontinued as it is now......IN A NEW BOTTLE! Yep, no more plain jane red white and blue. They've now added orange flames!
lol.gif
lol.gif

I can't laugh, I was convinced it was spectacular until very recently. I still like it in the gas.

No, it's not that I don't still believe it is the best solvent, it's just I don't know how well it actually does the job on say getting rid of lots of sludge safely. I had my oil pan off today (that's another thread as soon as I download the pics) and if a big chunk of gooey sludge would have slipped off the wall of my block and into the oil pan, it's toasted engine city. At this point, I'm not sure anything non essential needs to be cleaned any.

quote:

Originally posted by BUBBA0420:
Advance Auto has a whole shelf full of the old
stuff for $ 3.24 a can

That's too much. It's a great product, but you can get it much cheaper elsewhere.

Chemtool or do you just mean toluene? Chemtool has gone up everywhere. I think it's $3.17 at Wal-Mart.

I still like it as a combustion chamber cleaner, as well.

yeah $3.16 at wally world.....got 2 cans

only removed a little bit of carbon.

pulled the plugs on cold motor, dumped some in each chamber then let it sit 5 mins...

fired it up (took a while but it started) and held it at 4k rpm's for a minute or so then revved to redline then idle then redline a few times to blow it out....

checked the chambers, one was what i'd call "clean" the progressively as i got more toward the left side each one was dirtier until the last one was still wet carbon looking (oily probably)

decided to run it down the road so i did, got it nice and hot then pulled the plugs and dumped the B12 in while the pistons were hot....wow what a ferocious boil, nice steam and bubbling.... let it sit 10 mins, fired up again and did the brake booster method, still the same amount of carbon

so now i pulled the plugs and dumped some more in each chamber and put the plugs back in, i'm gonna let it sit for a couple hours then try again... something tells me ill need something stronger, also have a whole can in the gas tank

Hmm, b-12 popped the carbon right off my piston crowns. They were shiny-almost! This on a turbo motor. In the tank I can't see how it would be THAT effective at anything.

becareful when you use b12, it cleaned my engine so well in my old accord that it clogged the darn EGR ;-)

just make sure you schedule time to clean you EGR while you at it.

if you have an egr, wish i did.

saw the new designed cans at wallyworld mixed in with the old, same price... bought a can of the spray instead, got it home and it's missing the nozzle... should have taken the cap off first.

quote:

Originally posted by Pontius Pilate:
what store dude, thats a killer price... wow... $3.16 a can sucks, seems everywhere charges that price.

It was a local farm, ranch, and home store called Atwood's. It's a small chain of stores in Arkansas,Texas,Oklahoma,and Kansas. They still have a shelf full of the Chemtool, and I'm pretty sure it won't be going anywhere for a while. They absolutely kill Wal-Mart and the big parts store chains on oil too!

www.atwoods.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back