How do I flush the radiator in my 04 Corolla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to Dparm for the info on how to give access to pictures and diagrams. Here's the link, http://apeiria.imgur.com ; I don't know how great it is but at least it will give you some idea of where the plug is. By the way on my '04 it is a white wingnut type that will come all the way out if you unscrew it all the way. I was told it would not because there was a keeper that kept it from falling out.

Originally Posted By: Apeiria
Thank you all so very much for all your help. I did find after trying to drain the coolant through the bottom of the radiator where the plug is on every other Corolla, that the drain plug is on the back of the radiator. I went to the dealer and they gave me a diagram which I am going to try & upload here so you all can see (by the way you wont have to lift the car if your drain pan can fit underneath the car because you can reach the plug under the hood).

I followed the instructions to the t, and after I was done found my heater no longer works. I take it this may mean that the thermostat may need to be replaced??? If so (or not) could you give me instructions on how to fix this?

Thanks again to all of you I really appreciate the help.
aw [censored] I cant figure out how to upload the stupid image, so if your smarter than me
blush.gif
& know how or want a copy just send me a msg & I'll get it to you some how

Heat back? Air should be out of the system by now. Its that last step - letting it warm up with the cap off until its just about to overflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back