Castrol Power RS Racing 4T 10W-40 Fully Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
'afternoon group,

first off i searched but had no luck here. anyone used this oil before? i went to the castrol website and they only have a 1 page site. i dont know why not too much information. guys on the kawi site said its a quiet oil and excellent shift characteristics. so i would like some info about this oil. is it a true synthetic? good for shared sumps? shearing??

thanks!

I personally have not cared for the Castrol RS line. I much prefer the Mobil 1 equivalents in my machines. The Castrol seemed to shear faster in my Triumph.

Last edited:
Sure, I was going to add that info if this thread got some response.

It's. 06 kawi 650r. 5k miles on it. Roughly 50 miles daily, street/highway use. Miami, FL temps. I don't mind either short or extended drain intervals.

I've been very satisfied with the RS 10W-50 in my Triumph Tiger. I would think the 10W-40 is just as good. BTW Amazon seems to be the cheapest place to get it at about $8/Qt regularly and occasionally $6.50/Qt.

Originally Posted By: SlipperyPete
I've been very satisfied with the RS 10W-50 in my Triumph Tiger. I would think the 10W-40 is just as good. BTW Amazon seems to be the cheapest place to get it at about $8/Qt regularly and occasionally $6.50/Qt.

See I used the 10w50 in my 865cc Triumph Speedmaster and my shifting went notchy in 1,500 miles. The same happened with the V twin Castrol 20w50 I had to use in a pinch.

Originally Posted By: Cuda70383
so if one can choose, from power rs, valvoline 4t, mobil mx4t or rotella t6...which would one use?

None. I use conventional rotella in all my bikes now.
Send sunruh a pm. If there is a bike oil expert he is it. He really had nothing good to say about the valvoline bike oil although he did say the VR-1 racing oil did well in his bikes.
In my experience with M1 10w-40 bike oil all my shared sump bikes lost the smooth shifting by about 1500 miles,whereas rotella conventional still shifted great at 3000 miles,and the top end gets noisy as the oil shears which M1 never really got quiet to be honest.
I'm done with synthetics in my bikes. I change my oil too early anyways so considering my shortish drain intervals(4000 milesish) I see no reason on spending more if I'm just gonna drain it anyways.
I haven't tried the castrol(never seen it), I have used t-6 before but it shears fast,although not as fast as M1.
Again this is just my experience in my bikes. Maybe try a few and se what you like best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back