Anyone tried RxP? Not an Auto-RX question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not mis-type. This is not an Auto-RX question.
I searched the forum for information on RxP, the "Gas Kicker" without results.

Has anyone tried RxP, and what were the results?
 -

http://www.rxp.com/master.htm

Ingredients: RxP Blend In Soy Methyl Ester

i'd be interested as well, $7 for a tiny bottle, i dunno... how that small amount can do anything...hmmmm

quote:

The results stand on their own. These tests showed very remarkable reductions in pollution. To summarize the EG&G lab test we showed reductions as high as 37.1% in CO, 22.9% in HC, and 28.9% in NOx. To my knowledge no vehicle additive has ever accomplished this marked reduction in NOx.

Soy methyl ester is produced by the transesterification of soybean oil with methanol and using sodium or potassium. I will be using KOH in my production. Not the best description, but close enough. In other words this is what I will be making in another month, commonly called Bio-Diesel. But hopefully my costs will be less than a $1 per gallon to produce. (Not counting start-up costs)

smile.gif

PP, I am making the bio-diesel for my own use. I have 2 diesel trucks, so they will consume what I make.
Soy methyl ester=bio-diesel is the common name. However, many products are made using soy methyl esters. Mainly cleaning products.

RxP has something of a storied history, all with significant emissions reductions in vehicles that otherwise might not pass the sniffer. The website used to mention that it reacted with the "light" energy produced by combustion to basically cook latent deposits out of the combustion chamber area. Deposits which would be combustion by-products and let things "hide" in them so that more emissions would result. Getting them cooked out of the combustion chamber would result in less emissions.

RxP might help most vehicles, but it might help those engines with little turbulence in the combustion process (hence less "active" air and more deposit buildup in certain parts of the chamber) than engines that have more turbulent combustion (active air) combustion chamber dynamics.

One of the "cleanout" situations for vehicles (back in the 1960s) was to add a gallon of diesel to a full tank (usually 20 gallons) of gas as you started out of town of a long trip/vacation (where extended cruise periods at posted Interstate highway speeds would be the norm). It was supposed to be a way to get the carbon cleaned out of an engine that might normally see city or short trip driving. Couldn't do that very well with current unleaded fuel and sensitive emissions hardware, I suspect, but it worked for some people back then. Perhaps the RxP operatives have found a way to make a diesel-related additive that works in such small concentrations?

Willie Nelson's getting his bio-diesel plant cranked up pretty soon. Other plants are springing up too.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Biodiesel has much better, safer cleaning effects than petro diesel. It HAS been know to clog a fuel filter or two b/c it cleaned rust out of the tank, I have read...

We do have an alternative fuels forum here for those interested...

If I ever buy a diesel, I will be making this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back