LC20 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put LC 20 in my wife's 2002 Honda CR-V a week or two ago and curiously opened up the oil filler last night. I noticed something I've NEVER seen before.

Though the oil on the dipstick was still a wonderful honey color, when I ran my finger along the little baffle or whatever right below the filler, I got a solid black watery substance. Not sticky, not gritty, but the same consistancy as the oil. It was definately seperate and held together in little black strands but didn't have any feel to it or texture. This engine is sparkly clean normally but...

Could this be the softened, lubricious carbon Terry (where are ya, Terry?) speaks of? I know that sounds hokey, but I've never seen that before. Given as my saab provides me with all different varieties of coked and sludged oil, I have a feel for what the stuff normally looks/feels like....I'll let her run it another trip or two and see if I can get some more of the stuff for pics.
dunno.gif

Glad I'm not crazy on this! It's weird b/c I never saw arx do this even though it left huge deposits in my filters. I'm wondering how well this stuff would clean a clogged pickup screen...

Brian, after I added LC20 to my crankcase for the first time, I noticed something similar happen after the first few thousand miles.

When looking in the filler hole, you can see one of the bolts that holds the head down. Oil collects in the depression around that bolt. I noticed a black substance start to accumulate in the depression after about 500 miles of adding LC20.

I figured it was junk that the LC20 cleaned as the black spots never showed up again, but I don't know for sure.

No you're definitely not crazy. Pay attention to it. See if you can wipe some of it away and see if it comes back.

Like I said, I wiped away the small black spot that formed, but no more showed up since then. I have no clue what it was.

The great part is, it's CHEAP.
Spend $33 plus shipping and you get a gallon.
That gallon will last you about 90,000 miles.
Basically, it's less than $10 a year for most guys, per driver in their household.
Try buying 5 years worth of any other additive for $33...

I bought the 32 ouncer just to try. From what I've seen so far, I'll be buying a gallon when this runs out.

What impressed me most was how much smoother the LC20 made my engine run; especially when paired with FP60! There is much I'd like to learn about how these products work.

how they work is a mystery to me. but the fact that they clean is inarguable. a well broken in honda engine with FP60 and LC20 can be amazing. i have been running FP60 in my acura and my last tank went 40 miles more than my previous record before the fuel light came on. from 320 to 360 miles. i dont know how it works but i like it. my engine is so smooth now that i have tried to start it several times (DOH!) while it was still running. its just stupid smooth on this stuff. i just hope that my ring gear holds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back