Motorola to build smartphone in US

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I'm not worried about specs. Based on my usage, even middle of the road specs are sufficient, such as those in my current Razr M. I'm more interested in low power consumption / good battery life while keeping the size down to minimum. None of those behemoth iPad-sized screens for me, thank you.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Personally, I'm not worried about specs. Based on my usage, even middle of the road specs are sufficient, such as those in my current Razr M. I'm more interested in low power consumption / good battery life while keeping the size down to minimum. None of those behemoth iPad-sized screens for me, thank you.

+1. I went out to a honky-tonk place when down in Dallas a few days ago, and had to laugh at the cowboys with their giant screen phones.

But what was even funnier was all the cowgirls in their tight and short clothes, with the giant phones sticking out...

Smaller, better battery, etc. Right on.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

+1

Personally I dont mind the droid bionic size but anything bigger than that is really pushing it for me as well.

I thought Motorola sold their cell phone business?

Anyway, I'll believe it when I see it. They've been manufacturing offshore on the cheap for a long time.

My HT1250 Handie Talkie that I bought around 1997, was made in Malaysia. Pretty frustrating to drop that kind of coin on a commercial grade radio from a big American maker, just to use on the ham bands, and have it made in SE Asia. A GP2000 I bought later was also made in Malaysia.

I think the last Motorola cell phone I had was also made in Malaysia.

Originally Posted By: Win
I thought Motorola sold their cell phone business?

Google owns them now, so in fact it'll be a Google phone with a Motorola logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back