jeep 4.0 Knocking ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 4.0 it has about 160,000 on it. It has developed a slight knock and ping when going up grades on 87 gas,So I went and bought 3 bottles of Regane. I have already put one bottle in the system Im going to wait until after the next two fill ups and then add another,and then after 1,000 miles after that Im gonna add the last bottle. So hopefully it will clean the engine deposits out. Their shouldn't be too many this engine averages about 23-24 Mpg. How does this "Plan of attack' sound ?

quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:
I might try a gallon or 2 of high octane when you fill up and see what happens.

High Octone won't really clean anything except the money out of your wallet. Higher Octane in a engine that does not need it can potential cause more deposits. I would try a bottle of Auto RX and keep you Regane regimen going and see if that works. I have used Auto RX with great results in a high mileage Cavalier as well as a tranny.
If you don't want to try the Auto RX why don't you try a 40wt oil. I currently run M1 5w40 in my Jeep 4.0 and 2.5L with great results.

Go by the dealer for some MOPAR COMBUSTION CHAMBER CLEANER aerosol; follow directions.

Then,

Soak the pistons overnight with LC-20, evacuate, change spark plugs and oil after running 20-minutes or so.

Afterwards, run an ARX regimen; use FP-60 in fuel tank.

Have done two I6-242 JEEP motors this way, and many other vehicles treated in a similar manner.

Search for a thread on "MolaSoak"

My old man's '82 Lincoln Twown Car knocked when going up hill from time to time.

2 gallons of 93 octane mixed with the 87 stopped it. I didn't go broke or on food stamps.

No harm in trying the other suggestions either.

I am going to try the first half of the suggestion by TanSedan, and that's only because trying to get ARX shipped over here was kinda difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back