Post a picture of your Saturn

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrQuackers

Site Donor 2024
dqn29y.jpg

Last edited:

pps8p.jpg

#2 (Creampuff - recently bought from 89 YO Lady with 36k miles)

2zhp6bc.jpg

smile.gif

I don't think this is considered a real Saturn, but I really did like my Aura.

asaturn93_zps6dd709f9.jpg

So as most know I've had about two dozen s-series. So aside from my daily driver I chose this random pic.

The year was 2007, it was summer, and my garage was a whole month old. I didn't have shelves on the back wall and the wood was still light colored from newness. Even my concrete floor looked great. The optimism of this garage really comes across in this pic IMO. I had half the tools I have today but twice the spunk. Bought this 1993 for $95 across town then rode my mountain bike to get it. Without insurance and with illegal plates I drove it home with a rod knocking.

Someone from saturnfans was building a SW2 with a VW TDi diesel engine and he graciously gave me his old twin cam. I lacked a twin cam computer/ wiring harness so took apart two engines to make one 85 hp SOHC. More work but hey it was fun. 2nd cheapest car I ever bought.

Here's our 96 SC2. 202,000 miles, burns a quart of oil every 500 miles, but it still runs great and gets over 30 MPG.

20130604_195849_zps45ad500d.jpg

*sigh* This thread made me sad that I lost all the pictures of my 94 Saturn SL1. Why? Because that car was awesome fun! I took small supercharger from a Mercedes and put it in place of the A/C on it. That car ran 14.00 flat at 98mph in the 1/4 mile and sure surprised a lot of cars!
grin.gif

#3:

'98 SC2 "Red Hot" Very rare. Notice the black roof & teardrop rims...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back