Before and After Pics AUTO RX 22RE Toyota

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by deepsquat:
I would definately say that the synthetic oil should be a no-no when using the arx ..that is twice now in one week we have seen poor results when the user used synthetic on the clean phase

Uh, did you see the rinse phase for my synth clean? Plenty of stuff in the filter. I did another clean and rinse w/ dino afterward and didn't get a whole lot more in the filters. I got more, but.....I really think that my first clean phase filter just LOOKS different b/c it was a fram filter w/ a different filter media than the Purolators and Supertechs that I used later.

I only posted the pics of the valvetrain to show that what your engine looks like up top may not be indicative of how effectively arx cleans. All that crud in the filters came from somewhere. I actually had more LARGE particles in the 1st clean where I used synth, BTW.

Oil preference to clean with please read. www.auto-rx.com in the FAQ-Instructions What the problem is the synthetic esters used in the additive package in synthetic oil. These esters are designed to hold oil to the metal (including all contaminants and sludge already cleaned by Auto-Rx ) not what we want so to offset this we use non synthetic oil (with no synthetic esters) for rinse mode. If you go to Auto-Rx Maintenance Plan you can use synthetic oil as Auto-Rx will keep synthetic esters from adhering oil to metal. Remember this oil can't lubricate through dirt, so why not keep your oil lubricated rotating parts clean, seals pliable and get the benefits of Synthetic Oil.

The "witches brew" described by "BOAZ is detrimental
to cleaning anything off metal (different oil's-viscosity's) you should rinse this engine 2 times for 3000 miles each with same non synthetic oil and post again. ps. Change the filters every 750 miles and just top off with rinse oil.

[ March 30, 2006, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: Frank ]

Frank,
How about a group 3, diesel rated synthetic like Rotella 5W-40? Does it have the same issues as a full syn like Mobil 1 or Amsoil for the rinse phase?

jeff

I used rotella 5w-40 with ARX in my BMW, and per my own determinations, and backed up with Terry's analysis, there was good cleaning going on.

The engine was quite clean anyway... but I gave that little M42 a 100k present.

JMH

quote:

Originally posted by JHZR2:
I used rotella 5w-40 with ARX in my BMW, and per my own determinations, and backed up with Terry's analysis, there was good cleaning going on.

The engine was quite clean anyway... but I gave that little M42 a 100k present.

JMH

I too have used Rotella dino for Auto RX with exceptional results. It seems to be a good choice for Auto RX treatments.

I think he was making the "synth" connection.

Frank, why would it be better to have arx esters adhering vs. the synth oil's? Isn't it the action of the either esters trying to cling that removes the deposits? Just curious. As always!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back