Before and After Pics AUTO RX 22RE Toyota

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.Here is my previous thread on Auto Rx and this motor. The link does not work for the pics in this thread, I will upload them again.
First Auto RX thread

Pics
Click on the thumbnails for bigger pics.

http://w57.photobucket.com/widgets/...cketstrip&featurename=AutoRX&pa=/g240/boaz22/

So needless to say I am a bit disappointed. I am going to give auto rx the benefit of the doubt and run another bottle through.

Any thoughts on why my engine looks the same after a Auto Rx treatment?

I followed the directions to the letter.

For the cleaning phase oil I mixed up a witches brew consiting of some left over oil I had laying around.
1 quart of SJ 15W-50 M1
1 quart of SJ 5W-30 SS M1
1 quart of GOLD GC
1.5 quarts of 20W-50 Quaker State Dino
10oz of Auto RX
The sump is total around 4.5 quarts without filter.
Oversized Pro-Line Filter

Rinse oil I used 10W-30 Supertech with a Supertech 3600 oil filter.

I ran the auto rx 1600 miles.
I currently have about 2100 miles on the rinse oil. I have not changed the rinse oil yet.

Just curious: Did you run two applications and rinses? I couldn't tell from your previous thread.

Yes I used the witches brew for the cleaning phase.

I only ran one application of Auto Rx. I have another bottle that I will probably use for a second application.

Hmm ..although I can't get a great impression with the moving targets on the flash media, I don't see much but a stain.
confused.gif

Here's my head after a triple treatment.

-

gary - after 730 miles of neutra 131 in the crank thats what mine looks like, only not as much/dark....it rubs off with your finger, don't think it will do much harm though.

and those silver shiny parts in your pic, are real real clean on mine....like a mirror

quote:

Originally posted by m2200b:
It pops up to a full sized moving picture.
Not a very helpful post pic for comments.

When I click on the pics a seperate window pops up, then I click on the pic again and they are full screen. Is anyone else having issues viewing them?

I saw some shinyness on the rocker arms...so it did some good but it's no miracle cleaner and I imagine so it may take time.

Also thing of this, it is still cleaning the parts you can't see as well. The valvecover area gets a splashing usually not like bottom end.

I havent read the latest ARX guidance, but maybe there IS an issue with using ARX with syn oil for even the cleaning phase... If I recall correctly, the guidance was that any oil can be used for cleaning, but dino needs to be used for rinsing...

However, considering when ARX is at its hghest concentrations is exactly when it seems to me that one would want the least competition for open surface... Syn oils would compete.

Id venture to guess that your brew caused some issues with ARX/surface interactions, which kept them from being at an optimal level... reducing the amount of cleaning you can get done in a standard or even ina lengthened interval.

Concentrations are still concentrations, no matter how much you want to argue... Up your oil's ester or similar concnetration and guess what???

JMH

JMH,
I am for sure going to use dino in both phases this time. I should of used dino to begin with but I thought it would be a good way to get ride of some stragglers I had laying around. Oh well its going to get an oil change tomorrow with super tech oil and filters. I will dump the auto rx in this weekend and give it a try again.

Uh, I can see a definate improvement. Still sludge in the corners, I got that two. But those rockers seem a lot cleaner. Given what you have in there, I'd certainly go another treatment or who knows maybe two if Frank concurs.

I would definately say that the synthetic oil should be a no-no when using the arx ..that is twice now in one week we have seen poor results when the user used synthetic on the clean phase

maybe slightly better??... could be better,for the money?? well, its not bad or will keep you from getting home. just looks like it was run hard and overly extended drains. i still think you should give reg rotella a shot or a 5/30 if your valves are adjusted tight. give it some time maybe even try st 10/30,10/40 if your gonna do another arx cycle and rinse. it will clean up. the ex-side will never be perfect as the oil pools after shut off. for a old school trick you could physically clean it with diesel or kerosene and a soft paint brush/wipe with rag/run for a few minutes then dump it. that is if you want instant success. you wont damage this engine this way either.

here's a pic that was also in the prev thread. the inside is pretty clean. the outside is pretty dirty. i ran it hard and didnt like to clean under the hood much. spin some tires and throw some mud.

22re

...mudd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back