Lubegard Fuel System Booster- Anyone Heard of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until today I didn't know this product existed, anyone know about it? Apparently it contains PEA and a "proprietary" FLA(fuel lubricity additive). Claims to be a stabilizer as well. Sounds promising on paper but there is very limited info on it, don't know how much PEA it contains. It's reasonably priced on amazon for $11.22/16oz bottle but is currently out of stock. Can also be purchased from Summit Racing.

*Claims to be effective on GDI engines as well*

I've always been a fan of LG products, I may be the guinea pig if no one else has used the product.

Link to some info/testing on it: LG Fuel System Booster

On a side note, I've emailed Lubegard in regards to getting an MSDS. Also, I've ordered some from Summit Racing to try it. Hopefully it's a good product, if I like it I can order 12 bottles from Summit for $8.95/bottle shipped.

Sounds interesting, and they're mentioning DI as well. If it's as good as their other products it's a winner!

This looks like a possible contender to Redline S-1. At least on paper it does. Would like to see a MSDS to get a better picture.

Originally Posted By: trooper001
This looks like a possible contender to Redline S-1. At least on paper it does. Would like to see a MSDS to get a better picture.

If they email it to me, I'll post it up asap!

Originally Posted By: panthermike

If they email it to me, I'll post it up asap!

Thanks.

I like Lubegard products. They seems do not have any "Snake Oil".

I have a bottle of it. It's actually supposed to be marketed more towards DI engines.

Unfortunately, the bottle it comes in is 100% the same as SeaFoam's, even down to the plastic pull tab.

LG denied all of my acusations about it being Seafoam, and tried to deny the bottle was the same, I took a picture of both side by side and sent it to them and haven't heard anything back.

There is no MSDS as of yet, I've been looking at their website off & on, they do advertise it, but nothing more.

I signed up to be on of their "testers" for the product, however, I don't have a DI motor. I put it in my 92 Taurus because I knew when something wasn't acting right with it, and usually Si-1 or Seafoam fixed it up. Personally, it's Seafoam, although I really want to see the MSDS on it.

I always respected Lubeguard products and they seem to be a decent and honest/serious company, so it will be a HUGE disappointment if this is relabeled Seafoam
frown.gif

Waiting for the MSDS update...

How do you sign up to be a tester? I couldn't find any links for that on the LG site...

Youtube video:

Well I received the MSDS from Lubegard(quick response).

It's not Seafoam, will post up whole pdf when I get home:

Light aromatic solvent naphtha (petroleum) 64742-95-6 > 60
Polyolefin alkyl phenol alkyl amine Proprietary > 5
Solvent naphtha (petroleum), heavy aromatic 64742-94-5 > 1

Proves there's PEA! I'm glad more PEA isn't necessarily better, as this isn't exactly loaded(5-15?). Wish it gave a range not a greater than # though.

Cool - I am happy to know it's not Seafoam...
Might try when it's available on Amazon - as a Prime member I get 2 free day shipping...

That's definately one of the perks of prime! I'll update when I try it as well, it's on the way right now.

Originally Posted By: dino33
Sounds interesting. So, because it is has lubricant qualities does this make it an official upper cylinder lubricant?

It is a cleaner with a UCL, on the same order as the Red Line product. It is also a stabilizer, it sounds like a good product.

Section 3: COMPOSITION / INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS

[Key: Ingredient - CAS # - Wt. %]
Light aromatic solvent naphtha (petroleum) - 64742-95-6 > 60
Polyolefin alkyl phenol alkyl amine -(Proprietary) > 5
Solvent naphtha (petroleum), heavy aromatic - 64742-94-5 > 1

Section 9: PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
Appearance: Clear.
Color: Amber.
Odor: Aromatic hydrocarbon.
Odor Threshold: Not available.
Physical State: Liquid.
pH: Not applicable.
Viscosity: 16 cP @ 40 °C (104 °F)
Freezing Point: Not available.
Boiling Point: Not available.
Flash Point (PMCC): > 62 °C (> 144 °F)
Evaporation Rate: Not available.
Lower Flammability Limit: Not available.
Upper Flammability Limit: Not available.
Vapor Pressure: Not available.
Vapor Density: Not available.
Specific Gravity: 0.85
Solubility in Water: Insoluble.
Coefficient of Water/Oil Distribution: Not available.
Auto-ignition Temperature: Not available.
Percent Volatile, wt. %: Not available.
VOC content, wt. %: Not available

Yes, now that Manny, Moe, and Jack have raised the price of a bottle of RL up to $12.99, I am looking for an alternative as well (OR I will mail order the SI-1 by the case from Summit/Jegs/whomever to get it WELL below that premium increase
wink.gif
).

Well, I received the order today. Have the perfect tester as well: a '00 Taurus with 176K miles with so-so maintenance history.

Well I received the MSDS from Lubegard(quick response).

It's not Seafoam, will post up whole pdf when I get home:

Light aromatic solvent naphtha (petroleum) 64742-95-6 > 60
Polyolefin alkyl phenol alkyl amine Proprietary > 5
Solvent naphtha (petroleum), heavy aromatic 64742-94-5 > 1

Proves there's PEA! I'm glad more PEA isn't necessarily better, as this isn't exactly loaded(5-15?). Wish it gave a range not a greater than # though.

PEA is an Acronym, so I suppose it can stand for anything. What about the patented techron brew using Polyetheramine? Don't see that here. There's no patent anymore, so why not call it polyetheramine? Because its not. There are some chemicals used in the creation of the "PEA" we are thinking of, but its not techron. Royal Purple's MAX-CLEAN Fuel System Cleaner and Stabilizer has them too.
http://royalpurpleconsumer.com/wp-content/uploads/Max-Clean-101012.pdf

I think ill stay with the techron 20oz/5$ deals that seem to come up every few months

Well, I received the order today. Have the perfect tester as well: a '00 Taurus with 176K miles with so-so maintenance history.

Any updates?
(and Amazon still doesn't carry it)

Originally Posted By: 97tbird

Any updates?
(and Amazon still doesn't carry it)

Well, my brother wrecked the tester Taurus. But I did use it in the Corolla and the F250. Noticed a difference more so with the F250 than the Corolla. The Corolla has had a fuel cleaner every oil change and I don't notice any running improvement while using them.

With Ol' Yeller, the idle improved slightly and the ping issue I've had with the truck also improved slightly. I'd put the Lubegard with SI-1 and Techron as my top choices for fuel cleaners. Tough to find though, I believe Summit still carries it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back