Diesel fuel lubricant for alternative fuels and ULSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a large quantity of Jet A (kerosene) for use in Lister emergency generators. Here in Florida, those gensets see a lot of use. Jet A does not meet the lubricity specs of the engines or of Diesel #2.

I have been mixing (well filtered) used motor oil among other things with success. However I would like to do it right with the new batch of engines I have. I cannot afford a breakdown.

Jet A is about 1200-1300 SLBOCLE (D2=about 4200, more is better)
Jet A is about 675 HFRR (D2 is in the 100 range, less is better)

ULSD must be lubricized to protect injection systems as it has similar low lubricity to Jet A.

The additives exist to bring my Jet A up to spec.

What are they?
Where do I get them?
Can I purchase the products myself?
Are there substitutes in the form of off the shelf products?

Thanks!

Chris

Are these the old Lister-type diesels? You might try Schaeffer's SoyShield additive. An off-the-shelf product would be Power Service's Diesel Kleen.

Yes these are the old world type of lister style engiens. Also some modern direct injection engines are in the mix.

From what I am reading on the net, soy seems to be a good thing. I will look into soy shield.

Thanks

Chris

I bought 4 gallons of the SoyShield from forum member Salesrep. Each gallon treats 500 gallons of fuel. I run it in my tractors.

Ultra low sulfur diesel fuel has lubricity additives added at the refinery. It should meet the industry lubricity spec. Any off the shelf lubricity additive should work if you feel one is needed.

For the jet fuel, you might be best served to contact an additive maker.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back