BG MOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few mechanics I've been to swear by it. I have used it in my M3 for 11 years and had no problems. But now with the synthetics, is it needed?

Some say yes, some no. Some say don't use any additives at all. I've read the write up on Lucas brand additive here, but have not seen much of MOA mentioned.

I'm probably gonna go with Amsoil 0-30 in my 06 Vette, anybody got any info on MOA and wheter or not it is the 'real deal'

MOA may provide some additional protection when used with non-synthetic oils.

I can't imagine any reason to use it with AMSOIL or Mobil 1 (or any other good synthetic oil, for that matter.

quote:

A few mechanics I've been to swear by it.

offtopic.gif
Most mechanics are fun, hardworking guys and swear a lot, but don't know much about lubrication.

I just put some in my Audi. I have been using it in my Durango for years, and it seems to slightly quiet down the engines in both vehicles. It is loaded with things I have read here as good for your lubrication. This includes moly,zinc,calcium and other things I can't remember at the moment. Very early in the morning here. I know that when my wife was driving a Ford truck the dealer had it everywhere! They were using all the BG products like MOA, 44K, and tranny additive. They swore by it. One of the mechanics I know there says that the MOA does keep engine internals real clean. I am going to continue using it since I cannot find anything negative about it antwhere.

quote:

Originally posted by thunderchild:
I just put some in my Audi. I have been using it in my Durango for years, and it seems to slightly quiet down the engines in both vehicles. It is loaded with things I have read here as good for your lubrication. This includes moly,zinc,calcium and other things I can't remember at the moment. Very early in the morning here. I know that when my wife was driving a Ford truck the dealer had it everywhere! They were using all the BG products like MOA, 44K, and tranny additive. They swore by it. One of the mechanics I know there says that the MOA does keep engine internals real clean. I am going to continue using it since I cannot find anything negative about it antwhere.

That it did for me too, but with a conventional 20-50 (Valvoline - which is what my mech swore by for the '95 M3). Some say it is unnecesarry for a synthetic.

Well everyone is going to get a piece of something. It is the capitalist way actually. I don't mind that, but when I see the ingrediants in the can, I am going to take that into consideration. Ilike BG MOA and what is in it. And "petrolium distillates", what do you think oil and gasoline are?

Oil is not petrol distillates. The people who use this KIND of stuff tend to maintain or over-maintain their vehicles, thus the "clean" engines. $10 bucks for some junk my engine does not need...sign me up. I bet if I take one of every $10 miracle in a bottle additive and mix them all together, I can get an awesome $100 oil change ahd feel great about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back