Whats going on with Supertech oil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cut up my Citgo card and mailed the bits back to them years ago, along with a note that as long as Chavez had an affiliation with Citgo I would not knowingly buy their products! But with todays global economy it's almost impossible to know who you're doing business with!

Originally Posted By: Clevy

Well isn't that interesting. An American company supporting the likes of the Hugo Chavez regime. Shows that profit is king.
The Harley branded oil is also a citgo product. Again an American company supporting that regime.
I wonder what supplier bottles st in canada

Please save us the Canadian perspective lecture on American trade and Hugo Chavez when Canada is a major trading partner with Commie Cuba.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/cuba/canada-cuba-trade.html

In my WMT, the 5 qt. ST jugs have WPP stamped at the bottom. The quart bottles have G stamped at the bottom. Strange.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mick1775
I've noticed less and less XOM stuff(south Texas) and more of a bottle I've never seen before. Didn't snag a pic but it looks like this:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/SuperTech-10W40-Motor-Oil-5-quart/22142305

No WPP or WNE on the bottom but "LEE" with a circle around it.

Thats clearly a Citgo oil there. Same jugs as the mystik and harvest king oil jugs, which are made by citgo. The fancy new supergaurd citgo oil bottles here do say MADE IN THE USA on them though.....

Well my stores are stocked again. But no more WPP made ST oil. But with Citgo made ST instead. Here's the bottles:

IMAG0387.jpg

Thank you Garak

Don't thank me yet. I did a typo. It's Safety-Kleen. They seem to do well in fleet sales; they offer a re-refined oil with the latest certifications. I would assume that's what our ST is, considering Safety-Kleen doesn't seem to offer any "virgin" motor oils.

Id be curious to see what the citgo full synthetic looks like on paper. IIRC, its not that impressive but not a bad oil. I think the ST add pack is stronger. Citgo doesnt use boron but has the same moly and Calcium levels, where as ST uses a healthy dose of boron.

Ok, so it would be a South American despot profiting from this decision instead of a Middle Eastern one. I would seriously watch Latin/South America and the Caribbean for the next couple decades because I think they are venturing towards capitalism while the rest of the western world is going the opposite direction. Enough of the politics; does anyone use their HDEO 15W40? I'm kind of wondering about the ZDDP levels in it.

I would be curious to know if this will be a nationwide shift to a Citgo made product line, or if this will be just a regional shift.

I noticed the different ST bottles last week when I was at WM. Some of them were the WPP bottles and some were these new Citgo bottles.

Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
that makes me wonder what brand of motor oil walmart sells the most of
Over the past several years here in north GA, I doubt it's the Mobil 1 EP because I've found it out of stock on a recurrent basis. Rationale: less frequent sales volume of a particular product in a particular store discourages nearly immediate or even fast replenishment.

Shows that profit is king.
Always has been and always will be.
49.gif
Ain't business great?
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back