Total 5w40, Aral and Motul virgin oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
comparing the upload motul 300V /afc2a215587e692b7e938ac084e83975/ with one found on the forum, it looks different
wink.gif
Especially the Calcium/Magnesium levels.

Code:

Brand/Name Molybdenum Titanium

Motul 300V 5w-40 (POWER) 802 0

Motul 300V 5w-40 (POWER) - RU 734 =

Boron Silicon Sodium Calcium Magnesium Phosphorus Zinc

16 10 9 1258 1037 1062 941

73 6 3 2768 12 1127 1196

Interesting to see a few Motul VOA. No moly in the OE spec'd oils

Would like to see one for their 0W-30 X-lite. I wouldn't mind trying it as I can't really justify the cost of using 300V 5W-30 in my street car no matter how amazing it is (or can I haha)

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
They've also lowered their starting TBN levels across the board on the 300V Ester Core oils.
frown.gif

Most likely a result of lowering ZDDP levels in order to become more friendly towards modern emissions equipment. They're moving from full SAPS towards mid SAPS with a sulfated ash level of 1.02%. Alas, this is a racing oil, so do they really care about your emissions equipment? The only other thing I can think of is that lower sulfated ash should theoretically help minimize deposit formation in modern DI engines.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Alas, this is a racing oil, so do they really care about your emissions equipment? The only other thing I can think of is that lower sulfated ash should theoretically help minimize deposit formation in modern DI engines.

Yes, my thoughts exactly, but they (Motul) could also ask WHY one needs a high TBN in a short OCI/change every session racing type oil as well.
wink.gif
frown.gif

They've also lowered their starting TBN levels across the board on the 300V Ester Core oils.
frown.gif

TBN is 8.74. Not too bad, IMO.

Originally Posted By: timeau
frown.gif

TBN is 8.74. Not too bad, IMO.

Yes, that is right in Red Line's range, but, the older Di Ester 300Vs were up in the 11-12 TBN range (and they also had slightly higher VIs as well)..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back