ARX and 'stumbling'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read on a few threads in the past here that sometimes, users have reported a stumbling, or rough idle when using the ARX for a cleaning or a rinse cycle. What I have not found is a reason why. I am now in my first rinse phase, and have noticed the rough idle from time to time.

I just cant see how ARX could affect the idle quality.

I have replaced (prior to the ARX rinse phase) the PCV, new plugs, wirees, cap and rotor (pre-ARX 1st dose). Good O2 sensors and newer exhaust system.

Thanks!

I am about 1200 miles into the cleaning phase with Auto-Rx. I have also had from time to time a rough idle. Other times it idles like a new car.

Alex Esnaola,

Strange sounds-blinking guages all telling you your engine was full of contaminants and Auto-Rx has cleaned off these areas and oil for the first time is lubricating them.These will go away after your done rinse cycle. They do not signify problems. Auto-Rx will will do no harm to your engine

Daryl

right, I'm not saying that I am worried....I just dont UNDERSTAND how cleaning the internal surfaces of the engine could cause stumbling/CEL's? That is the explanation I was looking for.

Your now lubricating metal that was contaminated and got no lubrication (oil does not go through dirt it justs jump to closest clean metal) it will take a few miles for seamless lubrication on prior dirty metal

My car is sooo much smoother than before. If I didn't read this i wouldn't make mention of what i hear. But, yes, i did notice that sometimes it idled smoother sometimes more than others. Not a "roughness" but the new "smoothness" wasn't always consistent.

I'm enjoying my little Honda again. Maybe too much. Last week i got a speeding ticket.
smile.gif

I had the same exact thing happen to me....idle was rough then smooth....Just started my rinse cycle today and will run it for 1,000 miles....I am then going to use pennzoil platnium or QS advanced which is what i was using. Car feels brand new and drives so smooth!

sanitarium16,
I feel the exact same way. Such a dramatic difference. For me it's like i had a new engine installed for 26 bucks. Wish I knew about Auto Rx earlier. I couldn't be happier.

I'm in the second cleaning cycle of my winter car, a 94 Volvo 855T with 173K miles. The second clean cycle is 1000 miles, maybe that's what you were thinking of. I just replaced the right front motor mount that had been adding to the periodic changes in idle and vibration. The mount might have masked the ARX variations but we'll see what happens with the second round of ARX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back