05 Taurus - under valve cover pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
My SIL has a 06 Escape with the Duratech 3.0 and it looks exactly as clean as yours. She has 65k miles on it, and for the last 3 years she's been driving it .75 miles to work and .75 miles back home in Wisconsin weather. Up until a year ago, the local Iffy Boob type place has been doing the changes with the cheapest stuff they could source at 5k mile intervals. She drives back to the parents house every other month ~180 miles round trip.

Those Duratechs must be made out of some special alloy or coating to stay that clean no matter what maintenance is done on them. There's no way her's should be as clean as it is with the severe service she puts it through.

Thanks very much for posting the pics. Have an 03 Tribute with that same engine, and I hope mine is that clean. The timing chain is, as that's pretty well all you can see thru the oil fill hole!

nice & clean
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: cchase
What is the mark on the cam lobe in the lower left of the 2nd picture? Looks like something was caught and dragged around the entire lobe?

It's the track from the roller finger follower. The sides of the lobes have not even been touched, so it contrasts against the roller's contact track.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Random question: are those rocker arm pivots *rivited* to the cylinder heads? Or are they bolts with very small inside hex heads?

The pivots? They're Hydraulic Lash Adjusters. Oil pressure from the galleries theyre inserted into, pushes them upwards.

This is what they look like removed from the head
$(KGrHqF,!i0E6IUU6Y6jBO)HYtoGzw~~60_58.JPG

Duratecs are great engines. The problem is the labor costs when anything around them goes wrong (like AC). That's when you wish you had that old anemic pushrod Vulcan sitting in there.

Great looking internals though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back