Auto-Rx on a newer motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be worth it to use Auto-Rx on a '04 F150 5.4L with only 27000 miles and that has had a steady diet of MC 5w20 and a Fl820s every 5000 miles?

Even with almost 4k mi on the last oil change, dip stick is very clean almost like it was dipped in a new bottle of MC 5w20.

Or would it be better just to use it as a maintenance dose?

02supercrew,

I would just use the 3oz Auto-Rx at each oil change for the maintenance program it sounds like you have taken care of it already good kuck

Daryl

I think that it is worth it. I first Auto-rxed by car when it had 16,000 miles on it. I only use synthetic except when I use Auto-rx.

have you owned the truck sence new? if so I would do the maintance dose. if you bought it used and dont know the OIC for the truck. then use the whole bottle. this is what I did on my dakota. bought it used and didnt know what the person OIC intervals was. so I did the full treatment. I say better safe than sorry.

I bought the truck this past november with right around 14000 miles on it. Today it just rolled over 28000 miles. Since I have about 1000 mile left on my 5000 mi OCI, I decided just to dump in the extra bottle of Auto-rx laying around.

Oddly enough I had a UOA done on MC 5w20 on the last OCI, might be interesting to see what happens after the rinse phase.

I have done 2 vehicle that were new. One was my daughters Mazda. The other was my 01 PSD. I did this one on the second oil change.

I look at pictures on here every day of vehicles with 50K or less that look like do-do. I feel that I use a fuel treatment to keep my injectors clean with every tank. I don't wait until they can't flow and have to drill them out. The same with the oil, why wait until the crud/sludge forms. Do it now and then a maintenance dose with each change thereafter.

In my book, it is called preventative maintenance.

smile.gif

I put a lil ARX into my engine with 10 miles on it. It was to isolate break-in debris and add lubricity.

Update:

I just concluded the rinse phase, and I was amazed at the amount of crud that was left in the drain pan after I disposed of the oil.

Seems to have at least cleaned something from the motor.

Filled up the motor with PP in hopes of doubling my OCIs, will know more in 5,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back