CARQUEST and NAPA batteries..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: morris
my mech put an AC delco bat in my 2001 dak. he said that a lot of improvments have been done at AC delco bat lately.

a lot of ac delco batteries are made in S. Korea now..

Originally Posted By: c24k
Originally Posted By: stephen9666
Originally Posted By: c24k
Wow thanks for all the help. I currently use the autozone duralast was looking for something better but it seems a battery is a battery these days I guess most of em are china made
frown.gif

I'm not sure I've ever seen a Chinese car batter in any of the major stores. Are your Duralast batteries marked "made in China"?

I have no idea lol but it wouldn't surprise me. I've read about the batteries being made tere and sent here dry then filled and marked made in USA

If you made a battery in China and just filled it with acid in the USA and tried to mark it "made in the USA" that would appear to be a clear violation of the federal requirements for labeling an item "made in the USA." I would guess that isn't exactly what is happening.

http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus03-complying-made-usa-standard

Quote:
What is the standard for a product to be called Made in USA without qualification?

For a product to be called Made in USA, or claimed to be of domestic origin without qualifications or limits on the claim, the product must be "all or virtually all" made in the U.S. The term "United States," as referred to in the Enforcement Policy Statement, includes the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. territories and possessions.

What does "all or virtually all" mean?

"All or virtually all" means that all significant parts and processing that go into the product must be of U.S. origin. That is, the product should contain no — or negligible — foreign content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back