Running Hyvee gas for first time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to give Hyvee Premium (91 octane) a go since it says right on the pump that it contains no ethanol in that grade but up to 10% in other grades. I have always stayed away from Hyvee (and other no name gas like Casey's, Murphy's, etc.) but being able to regularly get $0.25-0.40 cents off per gallon, it is almost cheap enough to add a fuel system cleaner every tank if need be.

Anyone have any info or thoughts on Hyvee gas? It is not Top Tier Certified. I cannot even find out who Hyvee buys their gas from to compare with that. Any information would be appreciated.

you can run a few ounces of techron concentrate every tank if detergent levels bother you.

According to chevron, if you add 1-20oz bottle to a 20gallon tank you have aprox 10x the detergents of their pump gas

Hy- vee has good fuels in the KC market , most of the product comes thru the Magellan pipeline.

I've used it , never had a problem with them or Casey's.

Originally Posted By: skellyman
Hy- vee has good fuels in the KC market , most of the product comes thru the Magellan pipeline.

I've used it , never had a problem with them or Casey's.

Thank you for this info! Magellan has the product info on the internet. Looks like it is definitely made by Hess (which was my first guess).

I wouldnt run HY-Vee gas if I needed to travel 100 miles across the hottest desert.I've seen more vehicles both old and new lose gas mileage,run poor,etc running that [censored] gasoline.

Originally Posted By: DragRace
I wouldnt run HY-Vee gas if I needed to travel 100 miles across the hottest desert.I've seen more vehicles both old and new lose gas mileage,run poor,etc running that [censored] gasoline.

I fear what you say is true. We shall find out. Right now, MPGs don't appear to have suffered any but I have a bit more stoplights on this tank than normal. I got a personal best of 47 MPGs on the way to work this morning but there was a ~5mph tail wind for about a 1/3 of that drive.

Either way, as long as MPGs don't suffer, I think I will continue to use this gas when I get the discounts of $0.20+/gallon and just shorten the intervals between fuel system cleaners from every 6 months to every 4 months. I really like having no ethanol in the gas as a personal thing.

I use HyVee 91 octane often. I've never had an issue, but I do rotate through different brands.

In the Columbia, MO fuel market, ALL gas of the same octane is EXACTLY the same price at every station. When one station changes their price, every other station in town matches the price within about 20 minutes. I have actually been at a station while is was happening. Break-time raised their price while I was inside of a Phillips 66 station. The manager began calling other Phillips 66 stations around town to adjust the price. The exception to this is HyVee. Their price always matches every other station, but they offer discounts based on grocery purchases.

Originally Posted By: GMorg
I use HyVee 91 octane often. I've never had an issue, but I do rotate through different brands.

In the Columbia, MO fuel market, ALL gas of the same octane is EXACTLY the same price at every station. When one station changes their price, every other station in town matches the price within about 20 minutes. I have actually been at a station while is was happening. Break-time raised their price while I was inside of a Phillips 66 station. The manager began calling other Phillips 66 stations around town to adjust the price. The exception to this is HyVee. Their price always matches every other station, but they offer discounts based on grocery purchases.

Oh how I miss CoMO. At least I get to go back 7-8 saturdays every fall.

M-I-Z!

Just an update, have gone from 42 MPGs to somewhere above 43 MPGs on my work commute now running the 91 E0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back