Yikes, 1 year ARX treatment !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I to blame? I added a whole bottle of ARX to my friend's 1.8t. She travels a lot and is n/a for car services most often. I had no idea that she had NO oil services since last spring when I added ARX. I found the same Fram filter on it and some really black oil. (PZ 5w-30???) Lucky, it was actually the 2nd filter, as I changed it after a month or two. Anyway, I sucked it out, changed the filter again from above (Fram!) and added a jug of watered-down used QS 5w-50 that was in my cousin's badly leaking low OP Rabitt. I took it out after it was watered down too far to keep the OP light off in favour of some fresh Syntec 5w-50 that did the trick. Anyway, that oil was a few weeks old, no problem. When the weather warms up, I'll continue to suck it dry and use my Delo 30 until it comes out clean. This car was already a victim of sludge, it got new OP and oil lines so I treat it like it still has sludge. I'm bad. Anyone interested in some slightly used ARX oil?

Women!!!
rolleyes.gif

I agree with Frank.

Is she really your friend? Then you need to seriously ask her if she really gives a crap about her car.

If yes, then she shall listen to you. (start over)
If not, then why are are you bothering?

Not to go
offtopic.gif
, but Frank, while we have your attention on the topic of extended usage, what would the be the result of Auto-Rx being used this length of time/mileage for the purposes of eliminating a seal leak in a non-sludged engine?

I do what I can do? Not everone obsesses about their car. I figured she had the oil changed.

Timely oil changes is not an obsession. Maintenance is not an obsession. You do what you can, but if she don't care, why should you? She will make the problem, YOUR problem.

quote:

She will make the problem, YOUR problem.

Pay special attention to those words. Next time you see her, ask her when she last changed the oil. If she hasn't, take a trip with her to a quick lube and get it changed. Yes, I said quick lube. Becuase the future engine problem IS going to be your fault as she sees it.

Alex.

quote:

Originally posted by XB70:
Not to go
offtopic.gif
, but Frank, while we have your attention on the topic of extended usage, what would the be the result of Auto-Rx being used this length of time/mileage for the purposes of eliminating a seal leak in a non-sludged engine?

I am not Frank ..but i would imagine the results would be no better then changing it out @ the recomended interval...by 2000 miles i would imagine the cleaning agents are spent...that is why he has a time frame for changeouts.

quote:

I am not Frank ..but i would imagine the results would be no better then changing it out @ the recomended interval...by 2000 miles i would imagine the cleaning agents are spent...that is why he has a time frame for changeouts.

I recall Frank mentioning in a post a while back that indeed it does no good to keep it in longer than recommended.

Use as directed.

I had a very similar thing happen when I ARX'd a friends 4.0 Jeep. He had been abusing it severely, 15k dino OCIs. I supplied the ARX and simply asked him to go by the directions, but he didn't!!! I can't remember which part of the cycle it was, but I know he left one OCI in for 7-8k miles. It's not just women. This man is a structural engineer. I just don't understand I guess. When the transfer case finally died, probably due to never having the lube checked or changed, he just bought another jeep. This is how most people treat their vehicles I think.

crushedcar.gif

BTW that sludged up motor was clean as a whistle when the ARX was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back