Fram has an oil treatment out now

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw it in Advance Auto Parts today. The name is something like "Fram oil stabilizer" or something to that effect. I've long wondered why Fram wasn't in the snake oil business. Now they are.

I saw it yesterday too. I was looking for the last of the VSOT and the lady that was helping me showed me the new Fram stuff. I simply said "no thanks".

I saw in Walmart last night that STP has one out also...looks brand new as it is in bottle similar to the Lucas bottles of Stabilizer....some stuff that is in the little blue ones?
dunno.gif

Goose
patriot.gif

I went to Advance today to buy this product, so I could post pictures for us to discuss. All I was going to do is take pics, then return it & exchange it for other merchandise. I couldn't bring myself to even take it to the register. Maybe later...........

quote:

Originally posted by Blue_Goose:
I saw in Walmart last night that STP has one out also...looks brand new as it is in bottle similar to the Lucas bottles of Stabilizer....some stuff that is in the little blue ones?
dunno.gif

Goose
patriot.gif

We've got a thread on this. The STP stuff is by no means Lucas. It seems to have a HEAVY zddp aroma. It even advertises as more antiwear agents than the leading oil stabilizer. It's by no means as thick as Lucas either. Seems like maybe a 50 weight oil but that's by no means scientific. I was going to send some to bruce to check out, but it's still in the container on my desk. Note to self, mail STP!

Come on, if Richard Petty trusts it.....
dunno.gif
grin.gif

yup, I had to stock that Fram oil stabilizer the other week at work. Couldn't believe it. Everytime I show up at work another additive is on the shelf. and people buy it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back