CRC Mass Air Flow Sensor Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an aerosol cleaner that may be a good alternative to electric contact cleaner, brake cleaner, or carburetor cleaner on sensitive MAF sensors. Seen at Kragen.

Finally...I haven't seen this product yet, but it's about time someone came out with it.

They should sell it in little bottles since consumers shoudn't need a huge bottle of it.

This product is meant for heater element (filament) type of mass airflow sensor, which is somewhat sensitive to some other types of carb cleaner or ammonia based cleaner.

This thing is supposedly residue-free and it evaporates nicely. Otherwise, grease/dirt left behind on certain spots of the filament will cause localised overheating and consequently the filament to melt due to that particular heat spot.

I've used their intake cleaner and electrical contact cleaner with good results, I may pick one of these up soon.

Their brake cleaner is some pretty intense stuff. I mostly use CRC Power Lube and CRC Electronic Contact Cleaner. Check their website. They have hundreds of products.

today i used the crc maf sensor cleaner when i finally decided to change my k&n back to baldwin air filters..these a lite coating of oil on the sensor...wow!! did this stuff clean!!! runs awsome!!

quote:

I wonder if it's the same as the electronic parts cleaner?

That was my first thought.

I guess the write-up I did on how to clean an F150 MAF is so popular CRC decided to capitalize on it.

Heck, there was even a guy on ebay selling the link to the instructions for $2.99!!!

On the CRC website it clearly states:

quote:

Generic Description 1 Electronic Cleaner

The questions are, is it expensive compared to other electronic cleaners, and is it an effective cleaner?

In the past, I've used brake cleaner and electronic parts cleaner on my car's MAF. I hear electronics cleaner that contain trichlorothane are the best, but almost impossible to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back