Oil Change after Deep Creep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron

Hi, I just tried Sea Foam on my '99 Ford 4.2L E150 with 50K miles.It did not smoke at all!?Now,I'd like to spray some Deep Creep(have it)in the TB intake. The thing is I just changed the plugs/wires & oil. Can I safely use the Deep Creep and not change the oil(M1/5-40) or affect the new plugs? There are no real performance issues,other than a little sluggish at the top end.Thanks.
cool.gif

Ron

Don't worry about it. Just make sure you take it out for a little spin afterwards. I think the only time when it's recommended to do an oil change after using Seafoam is if you're doing a piston soak.

no smoke? really. i have never seen seafoam not smoke like a mother in anything i have used it in.

I wouldnt worry about it...Ive done 3 Seafoam treatments(even piston soaks) within a normal OCI. ID just say drive it regularly form more than 30 minutes to burn it off...if its even a real issue, as its never shown itself on any blotter Ive done.

Hi,Thanks all.I've also read that the IAC(idle air control on TB)could be a problem. Maybe it's sensitive to certain solvents,like Deep Creep.Maybe,Maybe,I'll pass on the idea for now.It ain't broke yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back