Texas Passes Bill to Train Teachers as Armed Marsh

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats fantastic, to bad not all the teachers think so.. but i suppose i can see there point. It should be on a volunteer basis with the teachers.. and im sure there would be plenty of them.

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
thats fantastic, to bad not all the teachers think so.. but i suppose i can see there point. It should be on a volunteer basis with the teachers.. and im sure there would be plenty of them.

It should only ever be volunteer. Teachers are neither drafted, nor contracted as security guards. But having the option for teachers of sound mind and judgement is IMO a good move everywhere.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Good, now they won't have to beg for mercy from a killer.

+1

Every state needs this..

i dont understand. we can afford TSA. but we cant fix bridges? what happened to shovel ready? i want uncle Ron back.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Similarly, if you can trust a pilot with your life, why can't you trust a pilot with a firearm to defend the cockpit?

The FFDO program requires a background check, psychological screen, interview, and a week's training (about 60 hours) with a firearm. They're all volunteers...great model for arming teachers...

http://www.tsa.gov/about-tsa/federal-flight-deck-officers

I would feel a lot better knowing they were trained and armed!

Originally Posted By: morris
i dont understand. we can afford TSA. but we cant fix bridges? what happened to shovel ready? i want uncle Ron back.

I will withhold my opinion on the TSA in general...but the FFDO program cost $20 million/year at its peak...and is funded at $12.5 million right now...that covers training, equipment and ammunition, the pilots are all unpaid volunteers....and there are literally thousands of armed pilots flying as part of the program...it is the most cost-effective security program the US has ever done.

Originally Posted By: cb450sc
Unbelieveable!

What is? The depths of your ignorance or willful blindness? Just wondering...

John.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back