Auto-Rx with 5W-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my Honda Prelude a few weeks back from a Ford dealer. They put in Motocraft 5W-20 that they use. Can add auto-rx to this for the first cycle or is it too thin?

vinu_neuro,

I agree with Hammer the 5x20 oil is fine.When you finish the Auto-Rx cleaning and rinse are you going to add the Auto-Rx maintenance program good luck.

Daryl

My honda will burn 5W-20 almost as fast as it will burn the gasoline.

I would think that 5W would be better for ARX. I did use some myself.

I added ARX to my RSX with 4 miles on the odo. 3-4oz to isolate debris and add some EP. I'll use it again at 2000 mi with the new oil.

quote:

Originally posted by skate1968:
My honda will burn 5W-20 almost as fast as it will burn the gasoline.

I would think that 5W would be better for ARX. I did use some myself.

So true. Already gone through 1 qt within 2000miles (still within spec), granted I've used VTEC more than a few times.

Nonetheless, I went to autozone and they didn't have it. Where do you guys normally pick it up?

I just realized something. The Motocraft oils are semisynthetic aren't they? It says that it takes longer to clean with synthetics. How much longer?

quote:

Originally posted by vinu_neuro:
I just realized something. The Motocraft oils are semisynthetic aren't they? It says that it takes longer to clean with synthetics. How much longer?

the synthetic content of Motorcraft oil is not the type you have to worry about with Auto-RX.

Hammer

vinu_neuro,

you can use synthetic -semi synthetics high mileage oil for clean phase of Auto-Rx or you can use non synthetic oil you have to run all of it 1500 miles. Auto-Rx does not care what kind of oil you use for cleaning. It takes no longer for any of these oils to clean.

Daryl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back