is an LC treatment subjectively measureable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just ran 2000 miles with the LC, after 3 backtoback ARX treatments. I followed the instructions to the tee. The car does not feel any different than before treatment, curious if i should expect a subjectively measurable difference in how the car idles/revs/etc.

ARX #4 went in today. yay.

(p.s. hey frank can i buy stock in your company?)

Before and after oil analysis are the main indicator for me. Not subjective but most accurate.

Improved MPG,less oil consumption,less blowby,lower temps in the high friction contact areas,improved compression to design levels with allowance for wear already encountered.

Subjective: Should be smoother, quiet in operation.

I have to agree with Terry on the smoothier part. It made several cars in my family much quiter when starting up (while already smooth from FP)

I myself, will be testing my oil and comaring it to the last 3-years of testing. All i want is higher TBN, low NOx and OXD. The rest is a bonus.

Let me jump in on this rather than start a new thread...if I am sticking to 5K oil changes is there any reason to use LC20 or is it overkill?

Does it make a difference if you use it with synth like Pennz Plat or Havoline dino?

MY last oic I didnt put in the initial 4oz ...I just added 1 oz at 400 miles and might put another oz in at 1400 miles...will my engine benefit at all form this schedule?

I guess I'm asking if you are sticking to the 5K OIC is it worth using the LC20? Or only really beneficial if you want to stretch out to 10 OIC's? I think Terry may have answered some of my questions but was not sure if he was speaking directly to gr8gatzby's particular situation

Goose
patriot.gif

It is slightly basic in nature (so i have read) so it will keep you TBN a bit higher throughout the OCI. I would run it in 5K mile changes if I were using Dino oil (just for a piece of mind)
It also is supposed to help decrease oxidation, I have not been able to confirm that, because I use Mobil one EP and Oil Analyzers only does Oxidation/Nitration numbers on Amsoil oils.

If you want to see what LC can do, wait a few thousand miles before you add. The motor will feel smoother and quieter. I think there may be something to it disolving loose carbon into a lubricant.

I know OAI did do OXD and NOx on Mobil oils..at least in 2004.

It will be cool to see home the Amsoil ASL holds up with LC20 in it.

quote:

Originally posted by 2003TRD:
It is slightly basic in nature (so i have read) so it will keep you TBN a bit higher throughout the OCI. SNIP

LC is slightly basic, but its TBN is 1.0.
Unless you're adding the LC to an oil with a TBN below 1.0, the LC is not actually ADDING TBN, although I believe it certainly does *fight* TBN depletion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back