homemade combo UCL/FI cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of users on this board have gotten good results from using various forms of a combo UCL and FI cleaner - everything from just using Lucas UCL or FP60, all the way to the crazy but effective MMO/ATF Gary Allan 'brew'.

In the US, you guys seem to have much cheaper access to these things to make their use and experimentation much more feasible. Up here in Canada, though these adds are realtively expensive - $13 a quart for Lucas UCL, $8 a quart for MMO. The only really cheap option is ATF, which is only $2.50 a quart for the cheap stuff.

Is there a recipe anywhere on how to make a home-made version of these UCL's? What got me thinking about this was I was at C-T the other day, and they sell non-detergent 10wt oil for $1.99 a quart. I thought this woud be a good 'base oil' to make some home-made MMO or Lucas, as I belive they are about a 10-20wt themselves.

What could I add to this to make something that 'cleans-'n-cushions' the way these other UCL's do? I know that they won't be the 'exact' same as these products that have been perfected over the years, but can one come close?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back