Question about M1 oil filter for 2007 Camry

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife has a 2007 four cylinder Camry. The oil filter that M1 specifies is the same as the one for my 97 Camry, M1 103. The M1 filter is somehwat shorter than the OEM filter or the filter specified by Bosch. Opinions on whether you would use the M1?

I have used them in the past and they seem to perform well enough. Purolator pureones also seem to be small. But then again all filters have been sorta small on that engine now that I think about it.

Originally Posted By: toneydoc
I have used them in the past and they seem to perform well enough. Purolator pureones also seem to be small. But then again all filters have been sorta small on that engine now that I think about it.

Appreciate the response from someone who has used it on the same car. Can I ask how long an OCI you used it for?

Use it! M1 oil filters are very good, even for extended OCI. They guarantee their oil filters to 15k if you use synthetic oil.

I only have experience with the V6 Camry/ES300, which uses the M1-102.

I noticed the same thing on my neighbors 2007 Camry V6. there were two filter options for that car, one was larger. Both work. YZZA1 and YZZA5.

I've used M1 on my '96 v6 camry and wife's 1999 subaru outback. it's a great filter, though expensive. I went back to OEM due to cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back