Is my truck a good AutoRX candidate? Pics in another thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have place some pictures in another thread of the inside of my valve cover, and the inside of my oil fill cap. Is this sludge under my cap? The engine is a Toy 3.0, 152k with a steady diet of Castrol GTX 10w-30 for the last 100k.

Toyota V6 pics

I would pull the VC since most toyotas have a baffle in the VC (can't see inside). I would verify before adding stuff to your oil.

His Toyo is not sludge prone either. My engine is sludge prone but it was perfectly clean inside. Then odds of having sludge in these engines is very slim.

N Heat

You have 152k miles you have nothing to loose use Auto-Rx it will clean your engine and ring packs money well spent good luck.

Daryl

I would get two bottles of Auto-Rx based on your milage alone!!!! It will make a world of difference. I did not see any sludge in the baffle area at all. This does not mean that you may not have any. You will still benifit from Auto-Rx even if you do not have sludge!

I had people say I needed 2 bottle on my 100K lexus with a sludge prone engine..that advice lasted until I pulled the valve cover and used my 3 years of oil tests.. Valve cover was mint.

You can't blindly say you need 2 bottle or anything unless you know what you have to start with...

Will he benefit?? maybe or maybe not. Depends on what he is looking for and to achieve.

If you can afford it, ARX won't hurt that engine at all, and can only help it. Don't just go by the "valve cover" test. Ringpack cleansing is as big a benefit of this product as anything else, especially at today's gas prices.

As stated, the recommended treatment at that mileage is two complete cycles. If they are dirty, the ringpacks should clean up fairly quickly, however.

I agree but unless you are tracking it mpg, compression results, fuel loads etc you will see nothing. Plus LC20 can clean ring packs too; no switching to dino oil either (which I dislike). I just personally feel most “think” it will not hurt it to add ARX; which you could be right. But as someone on this forum said most would say you should add it to a new car too. I would verify you need to do anything as I noted before. Don’t just start adding fluid cleaners to your oil because you think you need it. If you do not know before what you have….

Also everyone is ring pack happy now-a-days when several times it (cleaners) are not needed. Based on his pix on the other thread, no sludge just varnish; typical of toyo engines along with others.

As I posted before about my auto “I am getting over 25 mpg non-highway, based on 02 voltages, calc loads, oil tests, fuel trims, it is running perfect.” I saved my $24 and bought some LC to try. Going to test next month to see the Nox, OXD and TBN levels; since I know the last 3 years of testing. Main reason was for acid and TBN control. See if it is worth it and outside of that, nothing else is needed.

If you want your ring packs clean without a ARX, just do a Molasoak and rotate the crank to get it down into the ring packs. Sounds much easier, cheaper, and faster if the VC removal isn't scary looking.

quote:

Originally posted by Shaman:
just do a Molasoak and rotate the crank to get it down into the ring packs.

could you elaborate on a molasoak?

One heck of a lot easier to just run a cleaning cycle and rinse with ARX. Ring packs are cleaned up normally in the first 750 miles of driving, no need to pull plugs. Plus you get 1500 miles of cleaning action on the top end as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back