FP60 Variable Dosage Amounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the rate is supposed to be about 1 oz. for every five gallons. However, I do remember Terry Dyson talking at one point about using oil analysis to determine if 1/2 oz. of Fuel Power for every five gallons would be adequate.

Does this mean that the optimum rate of FP60 could be different for different vehicles? In other words, could some vehicles do best at 1/2 oz, 1 oz., or 2 oz. for every five gallons?

Was the recommended rate always 1 oz. or was there another older higher amount before the current rate was settled upon?

Bobby

I think that you should play with it and if you base it on gas mileage increases alone, can fine tune your amounts. I know that the LC dosage has dropped, but don't know if the FP dose has.

Just use 3 ounces per fill up and you will have no problems.

Its better to use a little (3 oz) over a longer period of time....than to use overdose when you do use it.

What Shaman said. The higher dose was the 'shock' dose for neglected fuel systems. Refer to FP website.

Bobby, indeed stick with the 1 to 5 for a few tanks to ensure good cleaning effect. Drop back to 1/2 ounce per 5 and note changes. Absolutely every application is different and thats why oil analysis is a excellent guage of performance on so many levels. ( If intrepreted correctly).

Odis did a test about 6 years ago with school bus diesels ( GM I think) that optimized after cleaning with 1/4 per 5 gallons with a periodic bump up to normal level to ensure cleanliness.

Using good recordkeeping of MPG and periodic oil analysis you can fine tune the optimum level.

BTW run the cheapest gas and the lowest octane allowed you can find if a daily driver.

Bottom line is the fuels available are not oxidatively stable and lack solvency, or lubricity for that matter. Everything FP60 and soon to be released FP3000 will do.

FP3000 will be a requirement when we drop sulfur to 150 ppm in OTR diesel fuels (mandated 2007). A big reason for formulating it.

Thanks for the information. Since I track the mileage of each tank of gasoline, determining an optimum amount of FP60 should not be too difficult.

Oil analysis is also something I am just starting to implement for some of my vehicles and farm equipment.

Bobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back