What bike (s) do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: cchase
I'm staggered by the number of clueless posters in here. It seems to happen every time a new thread is made in the cycling forum.

bruckus, fxrider, RISUPERCREWMAN, who else will join them on the list of people with no reading comprehension...

They may not be "clueless", but might actually be razzing on us human powered enthusiasts, since to some "bike" implicitly implies an engine and two wheels.
wink.gif

I'm down to just a 2001 vintage, Sommerville, Mass. (one of the LAST from there, before they were sold to LiteSpeed) built Merlin Road, with all Campy Record (also 2001 vintage, except that I upgraded to ~2010 Record Carbon compact cranks), Kestrel carbon bars, Easton carbon seatpost, S.I. Flite TT saddle, and a Reynolds carbon fork with Mavic Cosmic Elite wheels.

Like Doug, I've had many road (and track) racing bikes in the past (from a racing career I started back when I was 13 in 1970).

But, unlike Doug (sadly enough), I did NOT hold onto my old, vintage rides.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Doug Hillary
Hi,
remnants from a past Amateur and Professional drug free career, I still have Cinelli and Coppi track bikes. I had a Frejus and others too

I still have a Vitus all alloy road bike, I also had Learco Guerra and Monark road bikes amongst others too

I have lots of Campagnolo equipment (gears, hubs etc), ISIDIS rims, Continental and D'Állesandro tyres too

Well back to the 50's, 60's and the likes is a long way to go....................

Doug,

Do you have any pictures of your bikes? Would love to see some vintage high end gear!

Same here
thumbsup2.gif

82 Pinarello Treviso Full SL tubes & Campy Record 12sp friction shift
73 Peugot PX10 cheap French components (nice Reynolds 531) large rake in fork smooths bumps

I have a fully engraved OLMO criterium bike with all Campy equipment, a Wilier from the mid-80s and a Bianchi from the late 80s, and a repainted Cilo from the early eighties, all road bikes. The Cilo was modified in the early 90s with triathlete style bars and Look pedals.

Giant Defy 2. Two kids in college and one starting high school means the carbon fiber road bike is many years down the road, pardon the pun.

Last edited:
Roadie - Late '80s Nishiki International
MTB - Fetish Discipline hardtail
Beater - '80s Specialized Ladies Stumpjumper / rigid fork (in appalling melon/fuscia tones)
Unknown make/model '70s beach cruiser... with an analog speedometer!

The beater was my commuter bike for a good while, the others are purely for fun. I've been too big to ride the cruiser for years now
blush.gif

2005 LeMond Reno
2012 Specialized Tricross Sport disc compact
1980s era Bridgestone 200 converted to a singlespeed

Originally Posted By: PeterGreen
I have a fully engraved OLMO criterium bike with all Campy equipment, a Wilier from the mid-80s and a Bianchi from the late 80s, and a repainted Cilo from the early eighties, all road bikes. The Cilo was modified in the early 90s with triathlete style bars and Look pedals.

I had a pearl white with chrome chainstays Olmo SLX road bike with all Super Record and Mavic SSC rims back in the early to mid '80s.

I did not even think anyone was importing Wiliers into this land until the last 5-10 years! Yours must be crazy rare here!!
thumbsup2.gif

M800 Beast of the East:
dsc00003ig7.jpg

M700 Jeckyl LTD:

IMG_5938.jpg

not my pics but same colors. Both Made in USA! Sad the enameled over sticker is crooked on my M800 of the US flag.

Originally Posted By: whizbyu
Peter_Mooney.jpg

New custom hand made by Peter Mooney of Belmont Wheelworks in Belmont, MA.

WOW!!!
shocked.gif

I'm staggered by the number of clueless posters in here. It seems to happen every time a new thread is made in the cycling forum.

bruckus, fxrider, RISUPERCREWMAN, who else will join them on the list of people with no reading comprehension...

Note that all of the 'clueless posters' (your words, not mine) are harley owners...

Just sayin'
laugh.gif

2010 Specialized Secteur Elite (with Mavic Kysrium Elite wheels)

2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29er

2013 Cannondale CAADX Tiagra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back