VSOT and Delo 400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will this make a lethal combination? (viscosity wise) I was thinking of adding the vsot to make up for the lack luster delo add-pack.
(delo 15w40)

Thanks guys
smile.gif

All you are doing is adding moly to one of the moly richest hdeo dinos and making a thick 15-40 thicker. I thin 15-40 delo with 5-20 Chev or Havoline and I use the delo specifically for its better ( than car dino) add-pack. Take another look at delo in the virgin oil tests section.
There is a reason Chevron doesn't sell delo for 49 cents a qt. IMO Valvoline addpacks aren't worth adding to Chevron or Havoline oils.
What I don't get is why Valvoline doesn't use more of its VSOT addpacks to its own oils to make them worth their higher price.

Oh making delo 20-50 is probably lethal viscosity for your oil pump in NJ this winter.

thanks for the replies guys!
smile.gif
I'm still new to the chemistry behind certain oils so I apologize for the newbish post. I think I may have stumbled upon a post where delo was probably compared to the add-packs in a synthetic oil. I wish I had saved the link. I know its one of the best which bewildered me as to why people were stating it was a little behind in some of its additives.

I know the moly level is one of the highest in its category and that's why I chose the oil. (my 95 Altima has a timing chain)

It really quieted things down.
smile.gif

If you add about 2 ounces of a 0w20 for each ounce of VSOT or EOS the viscosity will remain about the same.

I currently use a 50 50 mix of the delo 400 with havoline 5W20. Seems to work well. In fact, runs better then a straight 15W40 for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back