Acetone Tested on Flint, MI-TV Station / Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a very in-depth report. Kinda pathetic actually. I don't see how that can be called a story.

No offense meant to you pastmaster.

I am doing my own testing with a liter of it. We will see what happens. FP and LC couldn't do anything that turning off the AC couldn't do. BUt I have a new car and new FP coming, and then after that I will play with FP3K whenever it gets to Singapore

Gang, Go to the Related Link, under the picture and see the video. The engineering dept. with a 3.8 Buick V6 on a dyno and instrumented for data. It's a fairly involved enginneering excercise, trying to have an accurate base for comparisons, in a conjtrolled environment. Some of the students tried it in their own vehicles, also.

They said it doesn't do anything. Go to the video.
burnout.gif

Porcupine73,

I don't know about the fuel in this case. In the old days, a fuel called endoline clear, was used for testing, that ensured a common base for comparison.

Maybe guys who do dyno testing or car engineers, can bring us up to date on procedures.

Hello All,
First time poster, long time lurker. Here's my experience with Acetone. Victim car(my girlfriends) is a 1990 VW Jetta, 168,000 miles, manual 5 speed. I used 91 octane Sunoco fuel from the same station through-out this un-scientific trial. Went with 3ounces per 10 gallons. Fuel mileage without Acetone=30.4 ,with Actone=29.4
frown.gif
. Drove the same route, 80 miles, 50/50 city/highway. Seat-o-,the-pants dyno was not happy with the addition of acetone,car felt sluggish.

I tried acetone on/off over a few tanks with all my tanks having been logged since 2001, and there was no gain in MPG at all.

I'd say the myth is debunked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back