FP 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking about using this product, but was curious as to how often i would need to use and and how many ounces would i need per fillup? My vehicle is a 03 Nissan Altima 2.5 with roughly 43K on the clock. Also, is there a coupon code, or special sale happening anytime soon? It's gonna cost about 42.oo shipped to my door
shocked.gif
Thanks in advance for the help
cheers.gif
Forget to mention my car has about a 20 gallon capacity.

I use it every tankful. 1 oz. per 5 gallons of gas. A gallon of FP is somewhat expensive, but it goes a long way. You may see an improvement in gas mileage that would partially offset the cost.

One event happening soon is a reformulation that will be called FP3000. It is an improvement on the basic chemistry, not that it is 600 times better!

I haven't seen an improvement in fuel economy from FP60 in my Infiniti QX4 (Nissan VQ35DE engine), nor in my Kawasaki KLR650 motorcycle. However, I'll continue to use it because it keeps the valves, carb/injectors and combustion chamber clean regardless of the brand of gasoline I use.

Rumor has it that FP3000 may increase potential fuel economy gains. That'd sure be nice, but I still have a couple of gallons of FP60 to go through first.

I use it when ever I can. Now that it's winter here in the midwest, I try to get it in every 3rd or 4th fillup. In the summer I can usually get some in at every fillup. FP60 mixes pretty easy with the gas. You can fill up, drive home and add it once you get home.

About dosage:
For every five gallons you put in, you'll stick one ounce of FP in.
So if you put a half tank in the Altima, put in 2.
If you let it get down to a quarter tank, put in 3.
If you don't want to do it every fill-up, you could just add it on a timed interval that will average out to the same levels. Let's say you use 30 gallons a week; you could put in 3 ounces every Wednesday and 3 ounces every Sunday. According to the Lube Control guys it will even out.
Now putting in 24 ounces once a month, that would be a different, much dumber, story.
Go ahead and get the FP60. Per testing that's being done, it results in an increase in gas mileage above and beyond the effects of its cleaning. I suspect that will defray part of the cost of it, and if it saves you a professional injector cleaning then you're really coming out ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back