LC20 in a manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have auto-rxed my Spec-V's 6spd transmission twice, its as clean as possible, I use SF MTL-P for best shifting, I was wondering if I introduce LC into a gearbox with MTL-P would I be aiding, damaging, or wasting money on the idea?

I want to keep the gearbox as clean as possible and also help with smoothing out one or two last "hard" spots or tempermental problems I have time to time when shifting. Would LC20 inhibit any friction modifiers in the transmission fluid? Could it interfer with general operation?

Thoughts, opinions?

I have heard that the shifters are rather vague in the Spec-Vs [nice car!].
Maybe a B+M shifter and some poly bushings would help more than an additive.

Well if your interested my Spec-V is for sale.

Outside of that I have a Short Shifter, and Energy Suspension inserts, however the B&M style shift isn't good for our transmissions (sadly) it tends to break the shift-cable.

Im still wondering about LC20'ing the transmission.

I personally think that it would not be worth it to add LC to the manual trans. The LC is suppose to reduce oxidation and dissolve deposits, neither of which happens in a manual trans very often. And especially considering that you are using MTL-P, your trans should stay spotless on the inside. So my advice is to leave it out. I am running Redline MTL in my trans without LC also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back