Does LC Work JUST as Good With Synthetic Oil>?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or...with conventional oil for BEST results? I would like to continue to use my GC if possible, while running LC as well. However, I don't want to waste my time and $, if LC's ability to clean the engine is hampered significally by using synthetics.

Any help is appreciated...
grin.gif

This is a good question, and I'm glad it got asked (again).

One of our frequent (and knowledgeable!) posters had indicated that in his opinion the LC and Amsoil 0W-30(?) chemistries "did not mix." I'd like to hear if anyone else thinks the same.

Also, what about LC and Mobil 1 5W-40 with its CI-4+ Diesel additives? does LC supplement, impair, or not affect, the cleaning of this synthetic?

The combination of full synthetic M1 5W-40 and LC 20 is also Terry-approved. Seems to be working, since my oil is getting much darker with the addition of LC than it is without LC over the same distance.

Terry replied to my concern using it w/ Motul 8100 E-tech Group V synthetic. His reply was "All motul formulas work well with LC." Same went for the AutoRx.

quote:

One of our frequent (and knowledgeable!) posters had indicated that in his opinion the LC and Amsoil 0W-30(?) chemistries "did not mix."

This has my curiosity piqued because I'm currently running LC20 with my AMSOIL ASL 5W-30 oil.

Reckon I'll have to spring for some of those Blackstone UOA kits. I thought LC20 was OK with all oils... And it probably is but maybe there are some exotic additives in a small number of oils that tend to slightly clash with it...? Just guessing...

But then again, it appears that the poster of the possible incompatibility was merely expressing an OPINION...

CrashBox - I remember now it was TooSlick who wrote that. I couldn't find that particular post after looking a few minutes, but if I find it, will post.

There is not a chemistry that is available for automotive use that we are aware of that LC cannot assist in reducing oxidation rates if properly used. And thats only one benefit.

Thus the base/beginning recommendation of 1 ounce per qt.

It works exceedingly well with SYN based oils.

Interesting...
grin.gif
So, if I want to extend OCI's, LC is stellar in that respect, but if I want to continue to clean engine deposits, more ARX would be a better choice?
confused.gif

I prefer to use synthetic oil, and I recall that ARX stated that (IIRC) it worked better with conventional oil.

A gallon of LC gives a lot of product to use over time, to clean engine deposits. IF, LC in a decent % to engine oil, indeed liquefy engine varnish/carbon/sludge.
dunno.gif

I learn so much here... I'm humbled...
worshippy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back