auto-rx results 88 chevy g20 5.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
this van always smoked at startup and had a lifter clack after restart after a hard run.
was not maintained by p.o
had gritty sludge on the heads and in the valley.
i used a brush and b12 to clean the heads years ago as the drainbacks were plugged.pcv vacuum line also plugged.
had no desire to pull the intake though so looked with a borescope through the dist.hole
first round reduced the restart clack and smoking.
second round completely cured both.oil consumption was greatly reduced.now 1 qt in 3k.
sludge in valley seems the same.
acceleration from a stop has improved noticeably.
why the was the sludge not removed?
lack of enough oil flow?
its not real thick.probably not hurting anything either.
would have done a third round but used up my last bottle and figure the law of diminishing returns applies.
or would another round help?

Splash fed areas ar not going to see anywhere near the cleaning presure fed areas will. Ring pack cleaned hence more comression, better oil control, better acceleration.

thats what i was thinking.
i bet that junk in the valley will do nothing but sit there harmlessly.
are there different types of sludge that arx works better or worse on?
it didnt do much for whats in this engine.
no complaints here though.this product proved its value in other ways.

what is all that junk that is in there going to do? I guess that is the question you have to ask yourself. Are there any critical parts near there? If there are, what good would there be in getting it clean? Is it worth manually cleaning it?

From what you are talking about, I think that the area is rather harmless in most aspects, and I don’t really know what cleaning it would really do aside from maybe help you sleep better at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back