LC and racing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a friend who is going to track his `94 BMW 325i. He is currently using 5-40 Syntec with LC and is asking whether it's safe to continue using LC while racing? Any experiences?

Dr.T, I have racing customers who run LC successfully in everything from street/weekend autoX ers to full bore 1600 HP alcohol fueled dragsters.

THE KEY IS MONITORING the unit with good records and oil analysis.

Since professional racers and engine builders are not in the habit of telling what they use to get a "edge" common knowledge is limited and mostly wrong.

In actual oil analysis results we see LC thinning any given fluid very little. Seems that it can stabilize both internal and external oxidation rates which stabilizes the given fluid ( IF USED PROPERLY).

However Molakules racing formulations are so stable I wouldn't normally add anything to them including LC. Of course the only accurate and time critical way to know in your application is to analyze the oil.

The Castrol products in BMW's, whether Group IV or III respond very well to LC use.

The Vanos issues BMW has had seem to be helped tremndously with both Auto-RX and LC if used properly!

Bimmer racers that use our services please share if you care too.

Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back