The Hubble Deep Field

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, to borrow a theme from Star-Trek and twist it a little, it looks like the Vulcan acronym of IDIC (Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations) also applies to galaxies, stars, and planets.

I'm having trouble thinking of what someone is going to do with somewhere over $600 million dollars in the Powerball. That, is a big enough number for me.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
I'm having trouble thinking of what someone is going to do with somewhere over $600 million dollars in the Powerball. That, is a big enough number for me.

cash value is only around $360 Mil.

Tell you what. With a little planning and a tight budget $360 could just about do it. I could cut back to part time work and take longer vacations.

We look out, and see more than we ever believed, further than we ever believed possible...Every "end" is a new beginning.

We look in, and find smaller and smaller. Everything that we thought was small can be broken into smaller parts.

In a quiet moment, it feels like the Universe is trying to evade human Consciousness and exploration...It seems more "active" than Schrodinger's concept of by observation, you create fact.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack

I'de buy me a WHOLE BUNCH of them there scratch off tickets. With that many tickets I'm bound to get something.

Originally Posted By: raaizin
I guess we are not alone! Great video btw. Thanks!!!

Yea, but unless there is some way to get physical science to allow safe travel of live beings at speeds way beyond light speed, it really does not make any difference about how many planets at those distances are habitable by humans / or have intelligent life on them.

If we were not here (to see space) would it be there?

Basically, I have trouble thinking it's just there for our entertainment.

If it is. man, what an ego trip!
If it's, and we're not alone, How insignificant am I?

Heck, time for another Gin and Tonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back