Carjack a gun owner,get hurt....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Spazdog
Being a criminal is a dangerous occupation. You could should get shot.

Fixed that for you....

The good guy in this video did do a stupid thing. He should have gotten behind the front of the vehicle till clear. The perp or his friend(s) could have made him have another shot off.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
He should have gotten behind the front of the vehicle till clear.

Yeah, I agree, but its the heat of the moment. I saw that second guy and my first reaction was 'this dudes gonna get popped around the corner'.

Still though, good! I was worried the guy would get shot and stumble off but looks like the right thing happened
laugh.gif

Did the carjacker have a gun as well? I could not tell what was in his hand. I would say that he was 10-7.

I think the store owner is VERY LUCKY. it looks like the carjacker had a gun pointed right at the guys head. Had he pulled the trigger when he seen the driver reach for his gun, the driver would be the one laying 6 feet under...

Glad the carjacker got what he deserved.

The problem in the US is, the victim would be charged with premeditated murder if the video didn't exist, because of ruthless, selfish prosecutors.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
The problem in the US is, the victim would be charged with premeditated murder if the video didn't exist, because of ruthless, selfish prosecutors.

Looked like the car jacker had a gun and was pointing it at the driver. Car owner was totally justified in that shooting based on a class I recently took at the local police department. ANY TIME a perpetrator has a weapon showing and showing aggressive moves towards you will be justified in shooting because your life could be in danger. That's EXACTLY how the police operate, and it's also the right of anyone who can legally carry a weapon to defend themselves in that same manner.

The slimy lawyers are a different issue, but bottom line is that you have the right to defend your life with deadly force if you are in a situation where someone has a weapon and is aggressive towards you with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back