2 bottles of Techron in a 25 gal. tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering too how much/little Techron is in their gas. Found this in their FAQ... make of it what you will.

I have seen your advertisements that say your Supreme gasoline has "more Techron®." What does the higher dose of Techron® do for Supreme customers? The higher dose of the Techron® additive in Chevron Supreme can clean up dirty carburetors, fuel injectors, and intake valves even faster than our Regular and Plus grades. This attribute can be important for customers who occasionally purchase a lower quality gasoline, or who own a vehicle that is particularly sensitive to deposits.

If you add more Techron ® to Supreme, does that mean that Regular and Plus don't have enough? Are these other grades worth purchasing? Regular and Plus have an ample amount of Techron® to maximize performance and minimize emissions in the great majority of vehicles. Chevron Supreme is designed for use in those cars that perform better with a higher octane gasoline. As an added benefit, Supreme's extra dose of the Techron® additive cleans up dirty carburetors, fuel injectors, and intake valves at a faster rate than our Regular or Plus grades.

I'm *guessing* that since they recommend adding Techron every 5000 miles for non-Chevron gas, if you fill up at Chevron every time over the course of 5000 miles you'll get a bottle's worth of Techron in that time. Which would be an ounce or two per tankful.

That Techron FI Cleaner stuff really works. At least from what I can tell my car idles a lot easier.

A GM dealership used it in my friend's car (~16 gal gas tank) - they had him to put two of the 355ml bottles in. Worked like a charm on his 120,000 mile vehicle.

Goes to show you how little concentrate they put in the gasoline... I wonder if it even does anything. Still, I'd never use anything other than Chevron. Techron actually works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back