Any 5-20 for ARX Clean cycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that conventional SM oils in viscosity 5w-20 viscosity grade are all comprised of Group II base oils at the very least, and often blends of Group II/GroupII+ or Group II/GroupIII base oils.

Are these good oils for ARX's clean cycle?

Actually I meant to post/ ask - any 5W-20 in rinse cycle? as I plan to use 5-20 Chevron with delo.

Honda Oil Burner Before After Auto-Rx 300,000 Miles.

Just an update. My 84 Honda Civic over the years has gone from 5w-30 to 20w-50 oil to keep oil consumption under control. After two cycles of Auto-RX I'm back to 5w-30 oil at 382k miles on an engine that has never had the head off. It appears that, even with the 5w-30 oil, the oil consumption is under control. Before the Auto-RX treatments I was burning almost a quart of oil every thousand miles, even with the 20w-50 oil. I won't know what the actual consumption is until I get some more miles, but it appears that it will be somewhere around a quart every five thousand miles. I'm not going to do a uoa until I get some more miles and another oil change but so far I'm very happy with the results.

Thank you
Larry Lux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back