Perkins 1106C engine in a Massey Ferguson

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a UOA from our 2003 Massey Ferguson 6480 tractor. The tractor spent most of its life running a feed wagon. The tractor has about 9669 hours on it with 370 hours on the oil. I wanna say the engine dropped a valve back in the spring of 2011 after it overheated real bad once because the water pump failed and started leaking real bad. It cracked the block so I had to rebuild the engine with a new block. On opening the engine up, the bearings and the pistons still looked amazing. The valves were way out of adjustment though. I still replaced all bearings and piston rings, but only replaced the piston that had pieces of the valve lodged in it. I also replaced the turbo but I think that was having issues before as it would blow oil out the exhaust when it was real cold. They don't offer any kits for the engine so you have to piece out everything you want to replace. Anyway, here is the UOA. Using Shell Rimula 15w-40 and Fleetguard LF3685 microglass oil filters.

Hours 9669
UOA 370

Iron 30
Chrm 2
Nckl 1
Alum 3
Copp 51
Sili 7
Sodi 14
Pot 8
Moly 64
Mang 1
Boro 13
Magn 794
Calc 1561
Phos 1084
Zinc 1368

Fuel Soot H2O Visc 14.3
TBN 4.9
Oxid 12
Nitr 9

I'll probably take another sample around 5-600 hours and go from there. Hopefully the copper will have evened out by then.

I still have all the original bearings and stuff. Is there a link how to post pictures on here. I'd probably put them back on this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back