Components of A-Rx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike, no he's not kidding, thats cheap for what goes in to building a good chemistry. For folks that don't work in the highly competitive lube industry maybe thats just too difficult to understand.

The last thing I wanted to do here was create a forum that would harm or expose good chemistries to proprietary review for all to see. I did see healthy debunking of marketing myth with applied science, ( cost effective oil analysis) a worthwhile goal.

The pulp internet culture is bouncing into that goal and its frustrating.

Is it that hard for the honest/sincere BITOG reader to grasp who is real and who is gaming you?

Maybe Mola and others that give a lot of "gold" here are just casting "pearls to swine" so to speak.
frown.gif

What I would recommend is just doing some research on esters in general. They are pretty interesting and many have known solvent properties. Now, whether arx is a bargain at $25-30 a bottle, I don't know. I can't really think of many other products that offer what arx does. But it seems like sound science and can't hurt ya. I take issue with people on here coming across as bullies about it sometimes. Also with some people recommending it as an instant cure for every engine on the brink of seizing. But as far as cleaning deposits out of the typical worn engine, I can't see why it wouldn't do it, based on what's said to be in it.

[ February 20, 2006, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

quote:

LS1... wants to tear apart a formula, that is naturally occuring, who's patent is an application patent, (not a product patent), for the purpose of understanding what it is more so than available by reading the information already available... And by doing so, he will know whether or not it is a good idea to put it in his engine (rather than just reada few thousand posts about people using it here).. ok, i can understand, sortof... he's curious, I like to take things apart too...

Just curiousity, I am a chemist,. I dont want to skrew anyone and would not post the resuls if i was doing something ethically wrong,

quote:

Mike, no he's not kidding, thats cheap for what goes in to building a good chemistry. For folks that don't work in the highly competitive lube industry maybe thats just too difficult to understand.

I was actually very surprised myself that he was only wanting $25K.
shocked.gif
That's nothing...for a lube formula!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you send me $25000/product I will send you a formula for that product. And that's cheap.

Cheap boy I'm not chargeing enough.

A little chest thumping here or at least qualify this statment by saying higher performing or real exotic formula.

I formulate new or tweeked products all the time and charge only for only materials when product is sold.

Maybe dumb but I do that, now if you mean to have a full engine stand test done then better raise price to 500k or more.

Also must not apply to any of the major "cookbook" formulas that any formulator knows about and that has all the test data for included for free.

bruce

[ February 21, 2006, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: bruce381 ]

There are readers here that appreciate the pearls of wisdom that Mola and others cast before us. We really do not need to know exact formulas, only the operating principles and results expected. Those that invent new formulas that work deserve the fruits of their labors. This forum is the best resource I have found for increasing individual knowledge of lubrication issues, and I personally thank Mola, Terry, Bob and Tony for their efforts.
patriot.gif

One other thought even if you had the whole formulation of whatever product any non lube person would have a hard time finding or better yet buying the additives it takes to blend.
bruce

Quote:

Sometimes, knowing what's in the public domain may help formulate your questions. I have no idea wether the current AutoRx is exactly the preferred embodiment of the patent, but surely it is close. Have a read. U.S. patent number 6,544,349:

Auto-Rx Patent

[ February 19, 2006, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

link to the patent no longer works

MolaKule wrote above: "The bottom line is, the exact components and ratios of compounds of LC, FP, and ARX are Trade Secrets and you are NOT going to be told exactly what is in it, so get over it."

I agree, but you can get an idea from the patents when they are available. A link to the LC story is below:

LC related patent

man this is going to get locked eventually but i have to put my 2 cents in.

any company or person is within their rights to buy a bottle of any product and have it tested and analised and reverse engineered to their hearts desire (as long as they dont try to sell it and such). theres no law ive heard of saying otherwise. infact, companys reverse engineer products ALL the time. computer chips, oils, probably even car tyres and sparkplugs etc doesnt matter what the product is.

you guys really think someone like sopus, exxonmobil, etc does not have the money or the ability to grab a bottle of autorx, or any other product and subject it to analisys?
these are huge gazillion dollar corporations, if they want to know whats in autorx, they would find it out very quickly and if they find it had anything worthwhile in it, they would probably make something similar but different enough to get a patent of their own and sell it at walmart.
thats how everyone does it. copy the next guys patent but change it just enough to get a patent of youre own.

so to me it seems, if ls1-camaro wants to subject a bottle of autorx to some testing, let him do it. hes within his rights as is anyone else in america and most other nations. if he wants to post the contents here why not let him? its not like he is the only person in the world who can test this stuff. every single person who has replied to this thread could have the exact same testing done, they would just have to pay for it i guess. (no one bothers to?).
the contents of autorx may be trade secrets that wont be given out, but anyone can grab a bottle and figure it out for themselves.

whats the worst that can happen? no one here is going to read about it and go out in their garage and mix up some windex and kerosene and wax pellets and poof have auto rx for $4 a gallon.

Quote:

you guys really think someone like sopus, exxonmobil, etc does not have the money or the ability to grab a bottle of autorx, or any other product and subject it to analisys?

I agree...and that's why I'm so surprised some big company hasn't come out with something the same/similar

I feel that Frank of Auto-RX has as much right to keep the chemistry of his product a secret as do motor oil formulation companies who also do not reveal the chemistry of their motor oils.

Now certainly somebody could probably 'back engineer' Auto-RX to find out about it. If somebody did this for their own curiosity that is one thing. But if somebody tried to produce a duplicate product that would be infringement on a patented product protected by law.

I don't know a lot about Auto-RX besides what has been stated at this website and the Auto-RX website. Apparently Auto-RX is made up of some sort of animal byproducts. I don't have to know exactly what the chemistry of Auto-RX is anymore than I need to know the chemistry of motor oils.

It is enough for me to know that Auto-RX seemed to work for me, seemed to work for a lot of people at this website (including mechanics, engineers, and oil analysis people). Terry, an oil analysis guy who seems to be honest and know what he is talking about, said that Auto-RX according to his testing worked. That seems like a strong endorsement of the product.

If I found out tomorrow morning that Auto-RX does not work I would immediately stop using it. But the majority of all of the evidence I have seen seems to indicate that it does work. I will keep using the product as long as I have faith that the product works.

Something that Terry or someone said a while back comes back to me. Oil companies apparently did try to see if they could come up with some additive that would be able to clean internal engine parts like Auto-RX. But such an additive placed in motor oil would be too expensive. This indicates to me that the oil companies thought that Auto-RX did have value and did work, but it needs to be a separate product that is added to motor oil and not added to motor oil just as a chemical additive in the oil.

Quote:

I kind of think it is silly to make a big thing of this! The people truly wanting to try to make a copy of AUto-Rx would not post anything about it on this site! These same people have all the resources to do it given enough time.China and Mexico have a huge problem that Auto-RX could easily solve. Niether China or Mexico are known for honor trade agreements or Patents!

In addition to the patent their is also an article discussing how Auto-Rx was developed based on foundational chemistry of a Nutra Lube product.

I also find it funy that the same people that have no problem tearing German Castrol apart get so protectionistic(sp)of anyone doing the same of AUto-RX. No one is talking about reverse engineering Auto-Rx.

I am in full agreement with you. No harm in seeing what is in the product and finding out what is the "active" ingredient. Posting the details here is no big deal. Just as long as you do not try and copy and make and profit from this patented product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back