LC or ARx for maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi;
I am new here and I am finishing my second ARx treatment for my Jeep Cherokee and Mazda 626. I guess the question is: which is better for maintenance? LC or ARx.
Thanks
George

I've read here from several people that ARx is great at cleaning and LC is great as a maintenance product. So, if the engine is new or clean, LC should be better for keeping it that way. In fact, if you use LC20 from the start, you may never need ARx.

Thanks for the reply. So I guess I have to order a gallon of LC and use it with Dino oil with 5K OCI.

Auto-Rx is a chemistry that keeps engine clean and in top performance Thats maintenance no matter what oil your using.

Auto-Rx & LC are different type of products that don't duplicate each other.

92xj,
I would encourage you to look at a maintenance dose of Auto-Rx if you would like to keep the benefits gained from the Auto-Rx clean and rinse phases.

I ran Auto-Rx for the first time about 25,000 miles ago in my Isuzu Trooper. Once I was done with the rinse phase, I then proceeded to use Lube Control in order to try and keep the performance I had gained with Auto-Rx.

Just recently I decided to run Auto-Rx again. While my vehicle still ran great, it did not have the smoothness nor the fuel economy that it had after I had finished Auto-Rx for the first time.

Right now I am halfway through the rinse phase and the engine smoothness at various rpms that I remember from before is back. While I have not given up on Lube Control, I am now taking a serious look at Mr. Miller's Auto-Rx maintenance plan for my Trooper in light of how it is now performing.

Another option I am considering is cleaning with Auto-Rx every 25,000-30,000 miles even if I continue to use Lube Control in my Trooper.

With that said, I believe you could go with either product and still do well.

Hope this helps,
Bobby

I'd like to see how it works in my W8 engine. I have 40k miles and have always used quality synthetics. But I'll try anything once.

Only problem is, I just changed plugs and oil, and I use Motul 8100 e-tech which is a little too expensive for such short OCIs w/ AutoRx. So first I would have to switch to an inexpensive VW 502.00 approved oil, say Castrol GTX, leave enough room for 18oz of AutoRx (W8 has 9 quarts of oil), run 1500 miles, then OC w/ Castrol again and drive for 2000 miles. Am I correct?

[ February 19, 2006, 11:43 PM: Message edited by: W8inDE ]

I learned that with Lc you have to put it every 1K and I think it is very inconvenient. I have no time to record and keep an eye with my mileage. As with Rx I understand that you have to put it only once every oil change, am I right?

Yes, according to the instructions an ounce of LC goes in every 1K. However, I think it would be better to fine tune the doseage with an analysis by Terry Dyson - you might need more or less than the recommended amount.

So for maintenance dose of 3 oz ARX, can I extend it for 5K till the next OC? I understand that the cleaning phase of ARX is only 1.5K. I thought the mechanism of action of ARX is different from LC, so I thought there will be no adverse chemical interaction.

I did two full treatments with ARX for my 112K mile old Hyundai Tiburon. The car felt healthier. I've since put 2-3oz in ONE maintainance dose mixed with Mobil 1 EP 5W-30 + Mobil 1 EP Oil filter. So far so good.

I will make the switch to LC20 at my next oil change (not for another 8000 miles) and continue using MB1 EP products.

Sound like a good idea to you experts? Can I expect to see LC address any issues that ARX did not?

Thanks

Aviv

Terry Dyson recommends LC for continuous use and Auto-Rx every 25,000-30,000 miles. LC is a bother to add an ounce or two every 1000 miles. Two vehicles in the family fleet get LC and one gets 2 oz. of Auto-Rx each oil change for that reason.

It is no problem to switch from one product to the other at oil change time. Terry recommends that the products are not mixed while in service.

Ken

I don't know why you guys think adding an oz every 1000 miles is a bother...shouldn't you at sometime during a 1000 miles raise the hood and check your oil level ..and other fluids...even if your car does not burn oil ....I know I check mine ...

At what point (milage) does ARX stop doing what it does? can you leave it in longer then 1,500 miles? let's say 3,000 OCI for the clean phase?

It's only a bother if the 1,000 mile mark rolls around when it's 5*F and snowing. But then it just waits till the weather is more "hospitable"
grin.gif
. Actually adding FP to every tank of gas in the winter is more of a "bother". So sometimes it gets skipped. I'm sure that will not cause the world to end or my engine to implode
rolleyes.gif

Whimsey

Whimsey,
I totally understand and agree with you to a point. In my case, I use Fuel Power with every tank regardless of the weather conditions.

Yes, I can see why it would be a bother, especially in New Jersey at this time of year. However, you still have to fill up your tank, don't you? Since you have to get out in that kind of weather anyway you might as well take the Fuel Power with you, dump it in, and make enduring the cold really worthwhile.
smile.gif

Bobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back