New Lubegard Flush and Protectant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I know. Lubegard "red" is a highly regarded additive. I have it in my tranny right now. That's what makes me wonder about this other stuff. Maybe not the flush as much as the engine protectant.

I have used the Lubegard engine protectant. It seemed to make my engine run smoother. But it is too expensive in my opinion to use with every oil change. Since I have had manual transmissions from the time I discovered Lubegard products I have not used the transmission products. However, I have seen Lubegard transmission products at several automatic transmission shops and at one time at least three automakers approved of Lubgard transmission supplements. This included Volvo, Saab, and a French company according to what I have been able to find out.

I have never used the Lubegard engine flush. It is supposed o be safer then other engine flush products.

The one product I do believe in for sure is Auto-RX. I would recommend Auto-RX to anybody. Apparently in some ways Lubegard and Auto-RX are similiar (the products make use of esters apparently) but Lubegard is plant-based. Perhaps if you tried to use both products at the same time they would conflict or interfer with each other.

There are not a lot of supplements, cleaners, and other products that I believe in anymore. Auto-RX is the one product I will use for sure. I also use Gummout fuel system cleaner. I believe in Lubegard products to some extent but I have not used any in a while. I think the original concept with Lubegard (to try to duplicate whale oil which is now illegal in the USA to use) was a solid concept. Back when whale oil was used in automatic transmissions cars and trucks with automatic transmissions could go 100,000 miles with no fluid change. I think for automatic transmissions Lubegard products still make sense. I probably would have used the Lubegard engine flush if I could have found any. In my opnion the engine protectant made by Lubegard does work. But it costs too much per oil change and might interfere with Auto-RX.

Well, yeeah, but you're just assuming someone is going to always have both in the engine.

Nah, the reason I posted it was b/c it sounded similar to arx's cleaning method. This stuff was new so I was just wondering if we are starting to see more arx-like cleaners on the market.

Another reason why I developed a lot of faith in Lubegard products (before I heard about Auto-RX) was because of what happened when I tried a Lubegard power steering supplement in the power steering fluid of a car I owned a while back. The power steering unit in this car was squealing a lot in cold weather. I added the Lubegard supplement and the squealing stopped-for keeps. It never came back.

Since I have discovered Auto-RX I have become much less likely to use Lubegard products, although I still respect the Lubegard products. Auto-RX seems to do a great job cleaning engines and keeping them clean, and it can even clean transmissions and power steering units. However, for automatic transmissions, I still feel there is a role for Lubegard products in that area.

In my entire life I have found only a small number of supplement, cleaning, and wear reducing products that actually seemed to work. There were some Lubegard products in that small number. But the one product that for me stands above all the rest is Auto-RX. For cleaning fuel systems I like the Pennzoil Gummout. I have not forgotten the other few products that worked, but here are two now that I actually use (other then stuff for lubricating car locks,etc). Otherwise I stick just to good quality motor oil, fuel, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back