Valvoline Synpower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone using Synpower 5w20.Dont here much about this product here but this weekend im changeing the oil and putting Valvoline Synpower in the crankcase.I know its a good product but wondering if anyone is useing it them selves..thanks guys

I'm running NAPA full synthetic. According to PQIA specs its virtually identical to the Valvoline. Both are produced by Ashland.
I use it all the time these days. I personally like it a lot.

I've used a lot of the 5w30 over the past several years in my Mazda and Ranger. Never an issue. Can't imagine the 5w20 is much different in quality.

Just changer the Ranger this past weekend with Synpower 10w30 as I am now out of the 5w30...Smooth as usual.

Up untill just a few years ago all i EVER used was Valvoline and Napa (Valvoline) and ive always had excelent results and long lasting engines. Nowadays im less brand loyal and tend to buy whats got the best price on it from the major players, right now ive got ALOT of PP on my shelves and dozens of napa gold filters. Buy Valvoline with confidence. Or whatevers on sale for a little relief on your wallet.

Been using Valvoline for many years. I've been putting 5w-20 in my friend's Mercury Milan since 2008. Looks factory new on the inside.

I have used Valvoline products for yrs. along with Synpower. Very good product. It does not get a lot of love on this sight because of somewhat low TBN levels. I really like Valvoline.

I was thinking going 7,500 miles with this oil.Wife used to have a VW beatle with the 2.0 and went near 10,000 miles with Synpower 5w40.Oil still look clean when i changed it but now she has a 09 Ford Fusion v6 3.0 and wonder if i can pull it off like i said 7,500 miles..just jitty about it

I just went over 6000 with the 5w30 in the Ranger. I have gone over 7000 in the past without issue. Never got a UOA however...and I am running SM oil.

Search around in the UOA section....

From what I've seen it produces a good uoa with low wear metals but you might want something else for extended drains. It's true it has a lower starting tbn but it's a good choice for those who get itchy fingers at 5000 miles.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
From what I've seen it produces a good uoa with low wear metals but you might want something else for extended drains. It's true it has a lower starting tbn but it's a good choice for those who get itchy fingers at 5000 miles.

Itchy fingers? Not even that! It's kind of pricey, for itchy figures at 5k miles I would recommend qsud (for the price not the quality)

I have used Synpower 5w/20 exclusively in my Ram since the first change, over 100k now, while this is not much of a bench mark these days - the engine does still run like its new. I plan on serving up the same for my wifes new Mazda. Synpower happens to be my favorite oil.
thumbsup2.gif

Have only used once, no complaints. Have been using VWB off and on for years and no probs. No oil seems to run any differently in my Honda, but I would and will definitely use the SynPower again. 5w20 flavour.

Use Synpower with confidence, it is an outstanding lube and should hold up to 7500mi in most halfway taken care of PCMO's. It appears to be holding up better to longer drains so I think they may have changed the add-pack a little. Great lube along with NAPA syn.

Thank you guys for your help here.I realy apreciate it.Nice to know how many of you's using Valvoline Synpower and not to worry much on the TBN which was sitting in the back of my mind after the fact reading their data sheets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back