am I diluting the effectiveness of FP60 and Lucas UCL by mixing them together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been mixing about 2-3 oz of Lucas UCL with 2 oz of FP60 at every fillup..usually about 10-11 gallons...car seems to really like it as it is more responsive and feels a bit more powerful especially on the highway...mpg seems pretty good also as even with the winter gas it has been up from where it was before I started adding it.

Not sure if LC has had anything to do with either as I gave an initial dose of 4oz and about to put my 2nd 1 oz dose in tomorrow.

Anyways am I diluting or canceling out the effectiveness of either one of these by mixing them up in the small Lucas UCL bottle before I add them to my tank right before I fill it?

Terry or LCD?

Goose
patriot.gif

I wonder too. I've mixed Lucas UCL and FP60 before too. Not sure if it's a bad idea, but I didn't see any smoke or anything like the time as a kid when I randomly poured the contents of my chemistry set bottles into a jar of Clorox.

I don't mix any additives together and then put them in. I put in the first product, then pump in a few gallons of gas and withdraw the filler nozzle a few times to pour a little gasoline over the metal filler opening to flush all the additive down in the tank. Then I add the second product and finish filling the tank. My thinking is if there is any reactions or whatever going on, I want the additive to react with the gasoline first, and not react with the other additive first.

I mixed because I had been running Lucas UCL for and heard about FP60 on here and was dying to try it. As soon as it arrived I just had to put it in which meant it got mixed with the Lucas UCL already in the tank.

Immediate throttle response improvement and felt like more power with the FP60. I never felt a difference with the Lucas UCL, but I think it did improve my mileage a bit but here in NY I think all gasoline has to contain 10% ethanol and MTBE is outlawed.

Comparing the two products side by side, FP60 is definitely a different breed. It has a much more 'active' scent. It tastes better too. Just kidding on the taste. The Lucas UCL seems to be much more oily than the FP60. I'm not sure but a few times I filled some portable 5 gallon tanks and put some FP60 in the tank and then filled with gasoline and it seemed like a heard a 'fizz' for a second or two as I started filling. I said Go! FP60 Go!.

One route maybe is run FP60 for a few tanks, then switch to Lucas UCL for a few tanks, etc?

One mix I don't think I'll continue is for a couple tanks I mixed in about an ounce RedLine Complete Fuel System Cleaner with the FP60. Whenever I mixed in the RedLine the response didn't seem so good during that tank. The RedLine by itself in the tank had very good results though.

-Louis

Well in my latest tank I got almost 34mpg which is a record for me for winter gas. Car seems to be really responsive and I'll continue this mix unless I hear otherwise.

Is adding this every tank overkill though?

Goose
patriot.gif

I don't think adding it every tank is overkill. I aim for a constant concentration of the selected additives in the gasoline. The only way to achieve a constant concentration is to add the appropriate amount of additive for the amount of gasoline added when filling fuel.

I generally add FP60 to every fill up unless my fillup is only a gallon or two. I'm kind of obsessive about having a full tank of fuel and get nervous if I have less than 3/4 tank. I've also started aiming for a concentration of about 2-3 ounces of acetone per 10 gallons fuel to see if it boosts mileage.
burnout.gif

I too am running a FP/Lucas mix. I had left over Lucas when the FP arrived, and I couldn't wait to start using it. Currently I'm running about 80%Lucas to 20% FP. I premix in the bottle before I put it into the tank. No problem so far. I think I will further dilute the mixture with more FP to make it closer to 70/30 or 60/40. So far the mixture has done quite well. I've picked up about 1-2 mpg over running straight Lucas. I generally run very consistent runs in my 2000 Camry. About 90 miles on way on my commute. So hopefully I'll pick up more MPG on the higher FP mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back