Can MMO Do Everything FP60 Does?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed in my local Walmart that a qt. of MMO is $2.97. Even though the dose is double that of FP60, 2 gallons of MMO would still be about a $12 saving vs a gallon of FP shipped. Plus it is easily accessible. So my questions are,

1)What does FP60 do that MMO can't or vice versa? Does one perform better then the other in any aspect(ex. Cleaning, Lubricating, Stabilizing etc..)?

2)Will using MMO every tank affect the oil in anyway and show up in an Oil Analysis?

3)Will the constant use of MMO affect the Cats, O2 Sensors or any other parts in the fuel system?

4) Can MMO also be use with 2-strokes like FP60 can?

5)Reasons you choose one over the other?

I currently use FP60 in all my cars and Power Equipment and go through a gallon pretty quickly, so if MMO can perform just as well as FP60, then the $ savings and accessibility would be a plus. Thanks for the help.

Has it been proven that MMO does anything? Last time I checked it was just a light solvent in a light oil.

-T

The same can be said about other products.

If you want to test that theory, buy a gallon of each and compare.

I've been meaning to ask. What is so special about FP and LC's chemistry? When someone complains about varnish, everyone pipes up in harmony "Get LC!" We've been told LC is "old chemistry" and not an ester. So, how does it clean varnish? That would indicate it's just some kind of solvent to me.

I don't know and am not trying to debunk anything. Geesh, considering my arx experience, I am not about to tussle w/ any other site sponsors!
pat.gif

Actually, that was under bkrell. I don't know if you can even see my posts anymore! But it's in the past. LOL, I said all along it was working!

But anyway. Nah I just don't understand what class of chemicals LC falls under and what it's method of "cleaning" is. If it really does clear out varnish, sign me up. I took over my last saab at 109k miles and at 191k, after nonstop short interval M1 OCI's, it still had varnish.

thanks for the replys

I was under the impression that LC, FP and MMO have all been proven to perform. But I wanted to know the differences between MMO and FP in the questions I posted above to see if they perform similiarly since there is a price difference. thanks

Brian,

First of no worries here if you question FP or LC. We are all for good conversation.

LC and FP have shown over 40 years to liquify carbon and varnish and turn it into a collodial lubricant. As far as I know now other product comes close to doing this.

Varnish is dissolved very well by LC and has been proven in the report by Molakule which can be found on our website.

Our products are made up of unique chemicals that honestly are not found in other additives you see.

When these chemicals are combined in a specific way there is a reaction that takes place and the end product is very different than the seperate parts.

Brian,
I have been using LC all except one interval in the Mitsubishi outlander since we bought it with 6k on it as a program car. I haven't accumulated many miles (~34k on the vehicle) but I also haven't accumulated any varnish in the upper end.
Its fill hole is not baffled and I can see some very clean metal inside the color of fresh aluminum and steel. Even with a dentist mirror I have inspected the top of the valve cover and it is nice fresh cast aluminum...(OK that sounds wierd)

Hmm, being that you're just down the road, I may have to throw some money at you. LOL, keep in mind, I take before and after pics!
grin.gif

LCD's FP use a proprietary formula that not only is a solvent to clean, it has an unusual effective ability to reduce friction, as in EP, while solving carbon to a level it becomes a molecular lube. Anti oxidation is another important aspect of the product.

The formulation of MMO has changed so much I can not address the actual chemistry acurately.

I personally use FP and soon to be released FP3000 over any fuel adds.

Terry

Taken directly from the LCD Frequently Asked Questions page...

2.) Why does FP improve throttle response?

A: The combination of LC and FP, LC being in the oil, will cause less friction which will let the fuel burn more efficiently.

confused.gif

has anything been proven to do anything.... arx is just fatty acids im told, mmo is light solvent (stoddard)in light oil, lc is whatever lc is...

Well, fatty acid esters. I recommend reading up on esters by doing a search. I know that MolaKule has some interesting posts. I must adimit it's done some cleaning in my car, just not removed much in the upper reaches of the valve train. MMO and most of the flushes have some sort of polar or non-polar solvent action which theoretically should clean something. I believe it has an aromatic as well as it's other components. But it certainly doesn't seem to me to be that powerful based on my experiences.

Terry-
What is the Fp3000? Can you hint at anything? New name for FP? Better then FP60? Anything, you got me wondering here but I know at times you can spill the beans
smile.gif

Any opinions or answers to the above questions for MMO users. After reading alot on here about FP, I know it gets alot of praise, but I figured if MMO can do what FP60 does, then I would be saving over the course of a year. It has been stated here and in many other threads the advantages of FP60, so does MMO perform the same functions? It would help if the were some LCD distributors in the North East which would cut down on the shipping costs.

SR77 -
I live in MA and the shipping is not that bad. It is like $8.80 for shipping (1) gallon; I could ship a tooth brush via FedEx home or UPS and the min you would pay is like $7.00

But on the other hand,I just ordered online 2.0 gallons of Kubota Super UDT and hyd filters from a Kubota dealer (not this state) to my door for $8.89.

In the end, the shipping is a wash since the product makes it worth it. Plus not driving around does add to the benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back